Best way to store a portable extractor

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Beneath the tires of the Aerotech. :p

I would think you'd be fine but you could always make a reoccurring reminder in Outlook to remind you to run the unit every 6-months.

It was a nice unit, sell it to me when you're tired of storing it! :winky:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Run downy softener through it for the pump, it will lube the seals and they will not dry out.

As long as the vac motors haven't sucked any gunk up, I would not be concerned about their fans rusting up.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Run it hard and put it away wet. It doesn't matter with a porty. I fire up my old Vac11 every five or ten years, the Lamb motors and Flojet pumps always sound and work as they did years before. I might use antifreeze in the water lines, but only if I think I can't thaw the machine out from frozen quickly.

EDIC

Name
Rick
I bought the EDIC Galaxy from M10F.

I'd like to know if there are ways to insure the fans don't rust or pump seal dry out if it goes months with out being used.

Hey Mike,
Run the vacuums for a minute with no hose and the recovery tank lid open. This will get rid of any moisture that may be there.
Thanks!

Name
Nate W.
:eekk: Busted!

Oh man you guys set me up! :winky:

She looked so purty!

And that was with no beer goggles....

I was very surprised at how well it performed... I want one... I'll see if I can get a discount on shipping from one of my friends in the shipping industry...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It really cooked on the upholstery. Looked sharp with that granite blue finish.

Chris said he had one and loves it. If I were to get one I'd want one of those.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought a brand new Powr Flight black Max last Summer. Used like 3 times in a high rise, now it sits. Retail $2700. I'd sell for $1700 if anyones interested...

The Clean Machine

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If the case is ventilated you should be able to just dump it and rinse out the recovery tank. If not crack the case open when not in use.

Russ,
I'm typically not a fan of PF stuff but that one has all the right specs and the case has been thought out better than the one used for the EDIC.
I was impressed by how well the EDIC worked at MF but the deal killer for me was having all the junk sticking out of the back that keeps you from being able to slide it in and out of a truck. An 80 pound dead lift almost guarantees broken wheels and back injuries.

Reactions: Shorty and Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom