Bidding jobs

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
I have a 2,007 sq/ft Rosa porteguese marble I just submitted a bid on and I'm unsure if I bid too high to polish. Or potentially to low. Its wide open on the first floor. I came in at $2.17 a sq and I bid the job for prcleaning, working 400 up to 11000 then seal. Here are photos. Any input is appreciated but please dont act like I'm stupid. I am trying, I have 8 years working for a natural stone rest. Guy and I'm out on my own now bumbling my way down the bid and scoping the work side of this business.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have 8 years working for a natural stone rest. Guy and I'm out on my own now bumbling my way down the bid and scoping the work side of this business.

can't help, Josh
but I'm curious.. what kind of work did you do for the 8 years with the stone resto guy ?

..L.T.A.

Jwalk90

Name
Joshua Walker
Saltillo, slate and grout cleaning. Diamond polishing travertine marble and granite. Sealing. Powder polishing. Dare I say typical stone restoration work? Curious as to why you ask.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Saltillo, slate and grout cleaning. Diamond polishing travertine marble and granite. Sealing. Powder polishing. Dare I say typical stone restoration work? Curious as to why you ask.
You seem to be well qualified. I guess it comes down to how much you want to make over your expenses. How much do you think this job will cost you in supplies and how many hours will you spend.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Curious as to why you ask.

to find out if you were familiar with how much time, labor and materials it would take to do that job

If you know that, it's just a matter of what Ron said
...decide how much you want to make in profit

.L.T.A.

Name
Jeff T
I’m counting 6 steps:
That’s 6.00 per sqft.
Or, 6 X 9= 54.00 per sq yard.
Or, upon closer read,
2007 sqft.
2007 X 6.00 sqft= $12,042.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
As you have bid, the total job is worth $4,355. Every market is different but still seems a little low for the amount of work you will be doing. It's probably a good learning experience to see where your prices need to be. Takes time but you'll get it.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
400-1100. So your planning on DIP? Why?

I would not recommend DIP for refinish/ polishing marble

What’s history? Has it been crystallized last?

200-800- compound.

As far as pricing, .... llike stated.

Depending on other variables , we would bid for less and do it a day

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom