Big Boy wheels, yes or no?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those with Cimex's do you have the Big Boy wheels on them?

I have a Cimex with a cracked wheel. Should I just buy a regular wheel or spend the money and buy the Shorty inspired Big Boy wheel kit?

Then if it is better is it worth putting on all (7) of them? I could almost get a new machine for the cost of outfitting them all. :eekk:

Name
Brad Gouveia
I upgraded but here is what I used/did before they had the big boy wheel options.

If you want I could give you a great deal on this if your interested I have it sitting around my shop. I just need to find it.

I also could give you a great deal on a wheel if that is what you wanted.

I honestly am not sure how a wheel can get broken. Care to share.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have both types and prefer the big wheels. I just replaced a cracked wheel and wished i had upgraded it as an after thought. Much easier on steps. I do not think is is worth just changing out the 7 without a great price.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Brad PM me what you want for the wheel. Probably need it anyway.

I need to ask my supervisor what he thinks.

Are the Big Boy wheels the same size as an Orbot wheel?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I would replace all 7 machines with the Big Wheels.

Rick sells a great kit with the semi hard tires the same as what are on dehums; however I prefer the ones that you can inflate.

(& there's NO shortage of wind around here). :lol:

Only reason is that they are less likely to cause damage to the machine if an operator brings them downstairs to fast.

The inflated ones will act more as a shock absorber.

Shop around in wheelchair/disabled stores, stores that sell golf buggies etc;

Take an axle with you to make sure they fit, or have the centers reamed out by a machinist.

Keep to narrow tires so that you can still work along close to the wall.

:very_drunk:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The Big Boy Wheel Kit (inspired by Shorty) makes it easier to roll up and down stairs. It also helps the machine glide smoothly across parking lots and over bumps. It also changes the trajectory of the head of the Cimex which makes it track more easily while you're scrubbing a carpet (one of the coolest benefits).

The kits comes with 10" wheels and a stainless steel axle to replace the stock zinc plated axle. The wheels have sealed bearings, whereas the stock wheels have no bearings. We also include a replacement Tee-Piece handle adjuster to make the upgrade go smoothly.

Here's the link... http://www.excellent-supply.com/Cim...ade-10-inch-for-all-Cimex-Machines_p_186.html

P.S. And for a limited time, all orders will be processed and billed directly to Shorty's Visa.

Last edited:

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Come on Chavez, you're a slow learner. I've been telling you for 2 years now it's worth it. Just do it already. You're going to kick yourself for not doing it sooner! :winky:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Come on Chavez, you're a slow learner. I've been telling you for 2 years now it's worth it. Just do it already. You're going to kick yourself for not doing it sooner! :winky:

'n I've been telling him for about 7 years.

Richard likes to procrastinate a bit before the hip pocket nerve gets shaky and the moths fly out. :lol:

Go on Richard, take a punt, give Rick a call and get at least ONE SET.

Mind you, after that set is fitted, you'll have the wrath of all your employees wanting the same.:hopeless:

Then you'll have to spend more money. :dejection:

Go on, be adventurous, get the lot in one fell swoop and save money on freight Scrooge. :stir:

:very_drunk::yoda:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Let those moths die in your pocket, where they belong :biggrin:.

Maybe in a replacement situation but the accessory market is endless in this industry.
The big upfront investment doesnt bother me but i go in lock down mode for this kind of stuff.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
agree w/ everyone else, buy 7 sets. they appear the same as the Orbot wheels. switching equipment from the old van to new van this week i threw my original wheels, spacers, hubs & axle out...idk why i was saving them :dejection:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
1st time it took me about an hour, i had to call Rodney at Ex Supply to walk me through something...can't recall what it was. he was patient. 2nd time was of course faster.

your employees will love them. but if you don't use the Cimex much, why would you care?

:p

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
but if you don't use the Cimex much, why would you care?
Other than the last few weeks I don't get to clean much, that's why none of our machines have them yet. :icon_twisted:

Jeff & Shorty have been on me to get the Big Boy kit for years I'm too cheap and they guys don't know any better. LOL

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Poor, hard, overworked chimps.

Gee, just think, if they had Big Wheels, they'd get through a job easier and quicker, be more refreshed, get to another job quicker and have that done and ready for another job with no sign of fatigue.

They'd probably do an extra job or day, or finish that much earlier and you wouldn't have to pay overtime. :shifty:

All of the above would equate to more dosh in the back kick.

( MONEY IN THE BANK FRANK, or in this case, RICHARD ) :lol:

If you never, never try it, you'll never, never buy it.

Oh to be born a hundred 'n fifty years earlier..............................

I bet there were many saying to Daimler Benz, and later Henry Ford, "This new fangled thing with big wheels will never take on, it's just a fad for you young whippersnappers".

790751_1449834_425_281_benz_patent_motorwagen_1886_zps41e339da.jpg

:icon_razz: :icon_razz: :icon_razz:

:very_drunk:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Save your money buy them when the old one breaks. Of course then all your wheels may break in 30 days.

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Shorty nailed it. I swear the cimex “almost” seems self propelled with the bigger wheels.
Richard, just don’t tell your employees they’ve been out for several years, otherwise you’ll have mutiny on your hands.
Maybe something along the lines of, “Hey guys as your boss you know I love you and want to make your life as easy as possible when using the cimex, etc., etc. LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom