Big Truck Wheel Simulators question

Mikey P

Administrator
getting to the Schrader/air valve is pretty much impossible with the covers on.

Have any of you owners enlarged a hole in the cover for access?

or I can get these..

http://www.phoenixusa.com/product.phtml?p=20&phot_key=17

img-20-3-large.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

you are better off when you take the truck down to get the tires rotated to have them put them on...if it is for the 19.5's...they will have them already there at the kind of places that have to mess with these size tires...it is better to put them on and line them up with the outer tire off.....you can do it if you want......but it is not fun....you have to be able to reach between the tires with a wrench to get them tightened and lined up......and if you don't get them tightened just right ..it may start leaking air.....

Billy

Name
BH
I use a dual head inflator on my rears without removing anything.

The front is a different story due to the very propitiatory valve stems being to long I just remove the front simulators which isn't that hard. I have thought of cutting a hole for access just haven't tried to yet. Also I damaged one of my simulators on the front recently so I will be getting a different style & brand soon anyway.

I am really thinking of adding a digital monitoring system at some point for all 6 tires.

I have also thought about one of those air equalizer systems that balance the air in the duals.

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A dual-head tire inflator doesn't help? We have three different brands of wheel simulators on our delivery trucks and don't have valve extensions or inflation problems with any of them.

View attachment 3598

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mike go to the nearest and largest RV service center. They will have what you need. We put some steel braided hose type on my parent MotoHome. The hard line style is better, you don't have a clip to keep up with holding the hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom