Big trucks

CleanEvo

Since joining this board I've noticed that there's a few guys here using Vortex's and Aero Techs. I've checked out the web sites of the manufacturers and found the prices they list to be a LOT lower than I would have guessed. Being a Canuck and now that our dollar is on par with the US dollar...it may be a good time to invest in a unit like this. No one anywhere near me has anything even close to one of these big trucks.

To the owners of these units... What has owning a Vortex or Aero Tech done for your business???

Dolly

The Wizard in Canada has a vortex and he is very enthusiastic about what it has done for his business.

I don't own one, but I can appreciate what many here on this board has to say about owning one.

Jim Martin, Mikey of course Ron, Billy Hicks just to name a few.

I think other than the machine, the excitement of having it has to be added into the mix.

I'm excited about what I can do with my equipment and I know it is not
just the equipment, but how I feel and project my enthusiasm about the passion of my work. Not least of all the quality of the work

so.......keep in mind, although your equipment plays a huge part in your work, so does your enthusiasm about your work

Name
Ron lippold
Yes it is a great investment it will put you in a different league, there are a lot of haters and jealous people that will bash us but thats part of the game.

Mikey P

Administrator
For me the Vortex made it possible to get an extra one or two jobs a day completed. by being able to dual wand.

It does a much better job. More squirt and more suck.
High flow wands and 2.5 hose give results you cant imagine. You have to see it to believe it. Anyone who says you can do the same with a 45 slide in has their head in the ground.

My regulars, neighbors walking by and most importantly my retailers saw how committed I was buy buying such a beast. It bumped up my credibility to a whole new level.

The diesel truck is MUCH more reliable then a cargo van.

I was out of room in my Butler. I had to leave tools at home. Not any more.

It came with a helper. The first step of getting out of the OO rut.

My first year with it we made an additional 60k.

Rolling billboard is true. People will tell you that they see your trucks every where. It gets noticed big time.

The very idea of it pisses off guys like Chuck and Terje.

It gets you lots of free dinners in very nice restaurants.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
how have you found the maintenance issues? Eventually everything breaks down. Is it easy to work on yourself? Are there special order parts? Are there modifications it needs to meet your specs now or do they come from the factory with the all these updates from Greenie? Ie if I bought one, do I need to spend another few $1000 to get it up to speed?

Get it done at the factory and save your money that you would have given to a company like GreenGlides.

Demand the best, never settle for second best.

Driguy

Mike, How is the manuverablity of the Vortex Truck, compared to an extended 350 cargo van. Hard to get into drive ways? hows visability?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My chevy extended 3500 handles just like the ford e350 1 1/2 ton dually with a 16 ft box. Only thing is you can't see if you are going to hit a tree with the top of the box. That's where I back-up camera comes in handy. Seriously though, when you get the extended wheelbase on those 1 ton vans, you are looking at about the maneuverability of a big truck.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
yeah it turns tight about half of a ford econoline

mine came with 2 wands it's ported for 2.5 but only came with 2"

maintenance is no problem it's easier than a ford van with the tilt forward cab working on the engine is a breeze oil, fuel and air filters are easy to get to.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
there isn't anything special

bleed the valve on the upper zentherm every few days. check for a sticky diverter valve..put hand on lower zentherexhast port with TM shut off and engine running other than that it's the same as any other TM filters, grease, oil , WD-40, tighten belts

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, piece of cake.

Mine is going in tomorrow for a lube, oil and tranny change.

I'll get some new meat in the back and hopefully some upgraded front shocks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom