Biker carpet inspections

Dan Joner

The main point is that if I am going to ride a bike to visit a customer, I'm going to do it in a professional way. And there are many bikes I wouldn't consider an appropriate ride for such an occasion - even though they may be fine for pleasure riding. I ride an 05 Goldwing on these few occasions and have had only positive comments - if they even notice I came on a bike.

The riding season in Washington is short, so getting an opportunity to ride is a treat. Besides, I'm almost 63, so I really need to take advantage of it.

Reactions: Giorgio

Mikey P

Administrator
nowhere close to that many miles bro... hahahaha...

i got 500k miles behind the wheel of a carpet cleaning rig.. does that count for anything? lol

mostly around town. only did a few runs through Del Puerto Canyon and a couple to Big Tree's. ton's of off-road in cali and new mexico. nothing serious... just a hobby, i guess ;-(

I think your bike is nice. Guessing you travel to the Seirra Nevada alot. what highways do you take to the cabin? highways 4, 5, 108, 132, 550, 880, onion capital of the world route, del puerto canyon route? just curious.

Isn't this what you ride?
Suzuki-VStrom0502.jpg

thats the 650 version, I have the 1000.

One of three bikes out there I fit on.

108 is my favorite way over to my Urt. 4 and 120 I'll do as well.
Del Puerto is fun but going over Mt Ham adds to much time to that journey. Ill head over 152 to Snelling, Bear Valley, Little Dragon off and on 49 to 108 than south to Bridgeport.

I ride a lot in Marin county as well

Hwy 25, 198, 35, 1 are faves as well.

and than the goat roads that link all those jewels...

Mikey P

Administrator
Martin Bressel a OG MB'r just got a DL1000 as well

Next spring he, Tom Meyer and I plan to do an all week ride all over the Easterns and Trinitys

Any of you guys want to join us?

Mikey P

Administrator
one of the most memorable roads I ever ridden..

in between the zillions of filled potholes there were some nice dirt sections..

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
looks like a pelican trying to build a nest on your chin gaurd. nevermind, i think that's your nose.. :smile:... uhhhh, i give up... what is it?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
man,,, that's totally righteous of you to invite a dork like me for a ride.... thank you!!!

by the looks of the bikes everyone is riding i'll need to upgrade my calipers, disks and switch to ceramic brakes just to keep from falling too far behind.

better yet, I'll just fly-in and rent a Screaming Eagle somewhere.

It sure is nice to dream... thnx.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Mike: That is one of my favorite rides. Pretty slick heads up detector. My last ticket cost me 1700 when you factor in the increased insurance costs. Could have been a lot worse. I was down from 115 to 75 in a 55 when he finally got the laser on me. In oregon they used to impound and seize your vehicle if you are going over 100 mph.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom