Bit off more than I can handle?

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I have an account that I don’t want to loose so I said I could do the vct in the break room

I explained that it is damages and wouldn’t look great but it would look better they liked that and said we just want it to be cleaned whatever it is it’s fine

I’ve never done this before how would I do a simple and good job?

0F14FCC5-ACEA-480A-B2A9-120FB4C6BD8F.jpeg 0B859A24-DA64-40BD-9DAE-2BA4F82E6354.jpeg

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If you have 175 or OP get a 3m 5000 or equivalent pad

mop on a neutral emulsifier detergent
give it some dwell time then scrub with pad
extract and rinse slurry or mop it clean (clean water not detergent)
work in sections so it doesnt dry on ya

Reactions: Mikey P

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Use a 175 with a brown or black pad for stripping, wax stripper(follow directions), wet/dry vac, 2 mops (one for the stripper, one for rinsing). flood an area with stripper, let it dwell and keep it wet.
scrub with the 175 then suck it up with the wet dry vac. Flood with clean water and scrub it again and suck it up again. Then mop with a clean mop and clean water. Let dry then apply your finish (minimum 4 coats six if you have the time and they have the money)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Wade Moore

Name
Wade Moore
I do floors like that a lot. I only use water(no chemical), 175, and those prep pads. I use Kaivac machine to spray down the water then I scrub with the floor machine, rinse, and extract. That should leave a base coat of decent finish and then 1 or 2 coats should do it. The pads and finish I get from Jon Don.

1E1FFDBA-B66E-48D2-9B79-044F5490BE62.jpeg 54574C3C-481E-4A68-BC37-6AD93EB45062.jpeg AE1779BF-7CF9-455E-ABF7-F0D50E849DA3.jpeg

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Reactions: Wade Moore

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Use a 175 with a brown or black pad for stripping, wax stripper(follow directions), wet/dry vac, 2 mops (one for the stripper, one for rinsing). flood an area with stripper, let it dwell and keep it wet.
scrub with the 175 then suck it up with the wet dry vac. Flood with clean water and scrub it again and suck it up again. Then mop with a clean mop and clean water. Let dry then apply your finish (minimum 4 coats six if you have the time and they have the money)
Thanks for taking the time to write this up

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
if you are going to go down the line of refinishing it and not just cleaning it then I'd sub it like @sOOper hero suggested and watch/help

I look after floors in 2 supermarkets to strip and reseal isn't overly difficult but there are tips and tricks

Name
Lee Stockwell
Your tm will do fine picking up the slurry and rinse recovery.

Run the machine at MINIMUM rpms possible to minimize foaming.

Don't believe the urban legends about the dangers noted earlier (similar to tomatoes being poison and bumblebees can't fly legends).

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Your tm will do fine picking up the slurry and rinse recovery.

Run the machine at MINIMUM rpms possible to minimize foaming.

Don't believe the urban legends about the dangers noted earlier (similar to tomatoes being poison and bumblebees can't fly legends).
What about defoamer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom