Bitch Slapped.

Mikey P

Administrator
New customer this morning.

Stopped me in my van a few weeks ago, asking for a card.

From Florida, on the golf course here in Genoa, the most affluent town in the valley.

We had a longer than normal "get to know each other" conversation with lots of mentions by her of how hard it is to find quality, reliable service people

She's an artist who did an amazing job totally remodeling her home. Extremely modern when amazing textures that accent her artwork. I wanted to film a tour of her house but hubby turned me down saying the local home magazine gets 1st dibs..

After corner guards, runners, sealAdoors and prevacuum she asks how much do I owe you?

I tell her let me actually clean the carpet than we'll get to the paying part which gets me an Oh Wow, it looks so good already. Which it did, her vacuumer sucks .

I didn't feel inclined to give her the price as I'm sure Moniquah told her that her two tiny bed rooms would fall under our $125 minimum.

After I finish up and ask her to approve the work ( like the day it was installed!) she again asks how much so I tell her the minimum and she quickly fires back with a She told us $65!
For each room? I ask..

"No for both little rooms.."

The must be a misunderstanding, she would never tell you that.."

Well she did and my husband who was listening can verify, we were on speaker phone. We thought it sounded too cheap.."

at this point any further comments by me would have gotten real ugly as I felt I was getting "jewed" for lack of a better term..

All the little comments and actions are playing back in my mind, wondering where things went wrong..

I wish I had the freedom and nads to slap back.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
After corner guards, runners, sealAdoors and prevacuum she asks how much do I owe you?

I know you already know this, but this was when it needed to be said.

All the early charm and getting to know one another caused you to let your guard down. Its been done to me, so I understand.

This is me just saying what Marty said, but with that Dale Carnegie stuff that you despise.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My breath must reek of Sardines...

No.

The self absorbed and ready to strike sociopath finds people that they can pull within their web of easy charm and strike when you least expect it. She and her husband knew exactly what they were doing Mike.

I've often thought you too forgiving and trusting of those who wish you ill.

You need a bracelet that says:

"WWFD?"

(What Would Fred Do?)

Either one of them.....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You got okey doked and you bent over and took it like the good little californian you are at heart. :) This is why you should record all sales calls for accuracy and training. If you told them that all calls are recorded and you will get back to them in a minute while you call the office and get a copy of the recording.. Would have stopped that in the tracks

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Been there..5 years ago. Always reiterate the price in person...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Wire tap law. She would have to ask permission every time

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
There was no "misunderstanding", they knew the price was $125 but decided to take advantage of your good nature. If I had to suck it up and leave with $65 I would have told them to please do not call me again for service.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure
We all believe you

I didn't realize I got a tip... IMG_20190903_162921.jpg

Name
Jeff T
I just got finished a home for a South African couple.
When I first did their home in 2016, they wanted EVERYTHING moved.... beds, dressers, the china cabinet full of dishes....
At the time, I did the best I could, moved almost everything.
I spent 4.5 hrs there.
I went to hand them a 450$ bill (which was seriously low for all the BS), she freaked out on me, and told me she was quoted 125$ By the girl at my office...
At the time, I was running the phone, and the field myself.
I called her on it, and said I was the person who took the call, to which she replied ‘there must be some confusion, I spoke to a woman’....
Yeah, you’re confused lady, we settled on 275$...
Anyway, I got paid, and before I pulled out of their driveway, I wrote DNR, VERY DIFFICULT, and cheap....
Well, my office booked her again, today, I walked in, shot the dimensions, and told her upfront, it’s going to be 235$ for the 2 bedrooms, and living room.
She asked what would our minimum would get her, and I told her about 2/3 of her living room....
She said go ahead and clean them, maybe next time I’ll call another company.....
PLEASE DO, here, I’ll give you their phone #......

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I didn't realize I got a tip...View attachment 93292
it doesnt matter what you got paid, I thought it was just good business practice to issue the invoice up front. Im amazed that someone in business as long as you would give the invoice at the end of the job. Maybe its just me tho.

I cant think of any other industry that would give the invoice at the end of the job not clarifying what the price or estimated price is prior to work being done.

Sorry to say but YOU should be slapped.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
it doesnt matter what you got paid, I thought it was just good business practice to issue the invoice up front. Im amazed that someone in business as long as you would give the invoice at the end of the job. Maybe its just me tho.

I cant think of any other industry that would give the invoice at the end of the job not clarifying what the price or estimated price is prior to work being done.

Sorry to say but YOU should be slapped.
We always give the invoice at the end of the job. We always discuss the price beforehand. Mikey did the same but the clients either tried to scan him or were confusing his company with the lowball company they decided not to use. Mikey, you have to raise your minimum.

Mikey P

Administrator
We always give the invoice at the end of the job. We always discuss the price beforehand. Mikey did the same but the clients either tried to scan him or were confusing his company with the lowball company they decided not to use. Mikey, you have to raise your minimum.
Eventually..

I'm the new guy in town

And the 2nd most expensive

Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I always write the price, pre-existing conditions and what they should and should not expect of the cleaning, before I start cleaning.

Never a misunderstanding.

On the other hand, not doing it seems to work well for some of you and the misunderstanding seems to be quite an exception. Carry on.

Name
Jeff T
Really? Give the invoice BEFORE the service?
That’s like paying for clothes in a clothing store BEFORE you pull them off the rack to try them on....OR, paying for a restaurant meal, before you eat....
What kind of customers are some of you guys servicing?
I think its time to do some re-evaluation....

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I write the price before I start cleaning and they sign the work order.
I collect only once I am done and if they are happy with the result.

Surely that's not that hard to follow, or a major cause for re-evaluation, solution hose cooker :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom