Bitch Slapped.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sometimes the problem is they have spoken to several carpet cleaners before calling you back. They have a lot of information from different sources. Don't be afraid to re confirm your price when you book the appointment as well as the walk through pre-inspection. Sometimes it's an honest mistake on the part of the customer, other times they are trying to scam you. I have had people at the end of the job, pull out someone else's coupon and say "don't you price match"? I just say no.

Name
Eric
Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. Thankfully, those types of customers are in the minority.
Agreed. This is the first time I’ve had an issue like this in 3 years. I’ve been running specials since I went full time to stay busy and it’s definitely brought me some more difficult customers.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Agreed. This is the first time I’ve had an issue like this in 3 years. I’ve been running specials since I went full time to stay busy and it’s definitely brought me some more difficult customers.
I would’ve said way to get free work, leave someone here who acts like they can make a buying decision! Then after it’s done say, they weren’t supposed to ad that.

Umm she’s seemed like an adult?

So you play this game where you steal from people nice.

In court he would be screwed

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It was my understanding Monique answered this call. Is she in NV? Where would the calls be recorded?

and it wouldn't matter anyway....see above

NV requires consent of all parties on wire communications except in emergency or when there is a court order
not sure what law you are reading Nevada law states that electronic communications can be lawfully recorded or shared with the consent of at least one party, barring any criminal intentions. This applies to conversations where all contributing parties are using a cell phone, including text messages sent between cell phones. Nev. Rev. Stat. § 200.620.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
and all you have to do is have your line recording start with all calls MAYBE monitored for quality control and trainign purposes.

FredC

Village Idiot
I posted the law John (the updated version)....also the statement from your own link stating that all parties must consent unless exceptions apply

some references that explain it further

but again the recordings would take place in CA (while this would negate 200.620 /penalties CA is a two party state)

Last edited:

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Scott used to get super upset with me when a customer told him I quoted them something lower than what he said when he got to the job until he realized how many people try to pull that crap. Someone did it just the other day. I love the ones where they call and ask what the $99 special gets them. We have never had such a thing. And when they say “Joe’s only charged me $99” Scott asks them if they were happy with Joe, why are you calling me? We have a lot of lake house people here, vacation homes that people come up from Pittsburgh or wherever and stay. They have more money than they know what to do with and don’t want to pay the minimum.

I find that people on the phone who call for quotes don’t LISTEN and I can only quote by phone based on the info they give me. Scott went to a job the other day where the lady told him I quoted her $175 for 3 rooms of carpet, a couch, and a recliner. I gave her the quote for all that, broken down first and then total with sales tax, and then explained the circumstances Scott could run into that may change the price (room size, pet urine, etc). All the lady took away from the conversation was that I told her $175 (which I did, for just the carpet).

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
We teach our people to say "..will be arriving between 8 and 10 am. " We learned that after too many of the calls like you took.
I love it! I always give a 2 hour window. it helps to limit the calls at 9:04 am, "Are you still coming?"
It still happens though.

Ron K

Eventually..

I'm the new guy in town

And the 2nd most expensive
So you're not the best?
Quit, sell all your shit and move into the woods writing self help books and inhale granola farts all day. Keep your composting toilet in doors.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I have to really scramble some days to make the schedule work and get everything done on time. If i can see a job go over time I call all the jobs behind it right away and update them of new times.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

rick imby

Name
Rick
Wire tap law. She would have to ask permission every time
Depends on the state. Often stated in the automatic answering machines, Kinda like the recording of Trump on the Bus that got released. I wonder if he is going to sue them after he is out of office. I would....

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Depends on the state. Often stated in the automatic answering machines, Kinda like the recording of Trump on the Bus that got released. I wonder if he is going to sue them after he is out of office. I would....
Correct, but in Nevada, if the area or situation is expected to be private, you still need to ask permission. Via phone, you still need to ask permission.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom