black chemical inject water

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
My chemical inject water keep turning black after about 5 min. It primes up just fine. Should I be looking at the hose coming off the injection pump?

Thank you

R

R W

Louis....I would say that the hoses to your pump must be steel braided, and they are corroding, throwing off the "black death" so often mentioned here. What chem are you using? Is the chem line feed hot? That's a new one on me.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
A diaphragm has never made it black before and it primes up fast. There is a steel hose that goes from the pump to the three way vale.

I'll take it off and see if I get any black death water out of it.

Any suggestions on testing the hose?

Thank you

$ 5.00 a month, what a deal.

Rex Tyus

As other have said, you have a hose about to rupture. At the first sign of this I replace the hoses. Scheduled maintenance is much cheaper than repairs and down time. I wouldn't try to figure out which one. Time consuming. If one is bad others will shortly follow. I am not sure how your unit is set up, but the first one to always go on mine is the hose coming off of the heat exchanger.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It's the diaphragm. Still works, but edges are worn. This is a first, I've replaced about 8 of these and never got any black water.

Must be something new rubber.

Greenie

If I were building a TM today, ALL of the system hoses would be stainless steel braided teflon core with a urethane jacket, it's also rated 400º.

using cheap hose just doesn't make sense, it's not like there is 100' of hose to finance in a TM.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Ditto,above...

If you need to test your hose ,insert a fishing line ...

A strong one and pull a pipe cleaner threw it...

But not a black pipe cleaner...

She should show bits and pieces of the solution hose breaking down inside...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom