Black squares in MBR under small table legs

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I cleaned the carpet in a vacant rental. The were four 4x4 inch black squares perfectly lined up with the legs of 2 small night stands. It wouldn't rinse out, no transfer to white towel, alcohol and degreaser did nothing. I thought that I took pics, but can't find them.
It looks like someone colored the carpet with a black sharpie.

Anyone ever see something like that under furniture legs?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Yep. Don't be fooled by those cheap plastic legs. It's not a free pass to NOT tab those legs. Grab some Stain-Solv from Cobbs Carpet. I haven't tried it yet but some here swear by it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Speaking of transfer...

Slurpie dumped on a Persian rug..

IMG_20170529_162128.jpg

What would it take, other than a knife, to remove that?

Chemspec RedXit did nothing

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Slurpy probably needs an oxidizer rather than a reducer. I recently has a similar rug with Chinese food spilled, color bleed from cleaning efforts. Looked like a reducer all the way but did nothing. Using a 2 part oxidizer removed the Chinese food and lightened the bleed as well. Will try one more treatment and see how it goes.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Interesting that the Slurpee spill is rectangular. Most liquid spills would splash in all directions.

Assuming natural fiber since it was called Persian rug, I would go to Masterblend's Magic Color Remover. Pretty strong reducer. Works well at removing color bleed from natural dyes found in rugs. Be careful. There is potential to overuse and harm the rug.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Bonded inserts (4) and be the hero.

10 minutes max - donor carpet is in a closet somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom