Blackberry and ACT

WISE

Anyone use the service/ ACT add-on for Blackberry that live syncs the handheld back to the office?

Does anyone have a Blackberry Pearl or Curve?

Will be getting some type of smartphone this week and looking into the ones that sync with ACT.

Also got an IT guy coming in today to get all our fragmented crap straight--so hopefully he will have some insight on the above as well.

WISE

bobrog

Michael, you didn't tell me about IT guy. I have Charleston's best available for you. Call me

WISE

Bob--
I will call you later today. Sorry no time to chat last night; REALLY tough day for us yesterday. Too many jobs, none of which went smoothly.

I still need help...The guy I had here yesterday advised me to dump ACT (I LOVE ACT!!!) and get the new Outlook with contact manager; then get any Pocket PC phone and they will sync at whatever interval you set...5 minutes or whatever. He thinks this would be easier to add users over the next year or two as we grow.

Kevin--I will check that one out and would love to find out about prices on handsets.

thanks

WISE

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Mike,

Stay away from the Treo 700P. I owned one and ended up HATING its many many quirks, before it broke after only a few months. IMHO, the Treo is the worst piece of technology I have ever had the displeasure of owning!

I am back to the Blackberry. It is a reliable workhorse that gets the job done. Go with the Blackberry and you'll be happy.

As far as Act! goes, I no longer use Act! so I can't comment on the link up to Blackberry software.

WISE

Hey Rick--

Thanks. yea, I am losing my beloved ACT I do believe. Outlook 07 seems to do what I want and easily go mobile.

I am still leaning toward a Blackberry. My sister works for AT&T; way up in there; and she is a crackberry freak. Of course, all her crap works seamlessly with everything/calendars/email etc. I have spent most of this week in technology hell! My girlfriend bought a new laptop this weekend and it is all I can do to not just go buy all new hardware/software and pay this dude to transfer all my ACT to Outlook and transfer QuickBooks...just start new! Actually, that may come out cheaper considering the opportunity costs of me dealing with this and wanting to pull out my last 7 hairs!

Talk to ya soon--

WISE

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I am on my 3rd Treo. I absolutely love the phone. I have friends who have the blackberry, both have their strength, and their weekness's.

If you are savvy, you can customize the treo BEYOND anything you can do with the blackberry. But, that is just my opinion.

Just look around, what can you get 3rd party for blackberry OS....and what can you get for palm OS. Big difference.

Makes no difference to me.

I just looked and I can get the blackberry pearl w/ new contract for 49.99 depending on the carrier. There are multiple models of the blackberry as well.

WISE

How bout a Blackberry Curve?

AT&T has a phone...can't remember what it was now, but it has windows OS and my IT buddy says that is the way to go...blackberry is blackberry; not as much flexibility. I'm too stupid to know what I need! The one I was talking about with the windows OS is the type that slides up and there is a QWERTY keyboard underneath. I liked it alot. I don't know what carrier I will go with...we have our phones with Suncom...love them, but their data ability is about at the stone tablet/chisel phase compared to others. So going to a new carrier for this one.

Anyway--thanks for all the input. Would love to hear more.

WISE

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
WISE said:
How bout a Blackberry Curve?

AT&T has a phone...can't remember what it was now, but it has windows OS and my IT buddy says that is the way to go...blackberry is blackberry; not as much flexibility. I'm too stupid to know what I need! The one I was talking about with the windows OS is the type that slides up and there is a QWERTY keyboard underneath. I liked it alot. I don't know what carrier I will go with...we have our phones with Suncom...love them, but their data ability is about at the stone tablet/chisel phase compared to others. So going to a new carrier for this one.

Anyway--thanks for all the input. Would love to hear more.

WISE

There are alot of options now with the pda smarthphones. Windows mobile and Palm are the two largest platforms, with Palm tipping the scales because of longevity.

I'll call you later today, I have a few bids I am working on and need to finish. I'll get some more information on the curve, and see what I can negotiate for you.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Michael;

I apologize. I could not get pda access to the internet where I was at, and I was unable to pull up your information. Regardless, I will give you a call first thing in AM, since I have a meeting this evening. Since your 3 hours different, I should be able to muster a call in "your" morning. :D

Kevin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom