Bleeping rx20 felt rings!

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
Anyone else notice the last few batches seem to be made of cheaper felt? Mine are literally disintegrating while I clean. Used to get much more run time out of one. Anyone have any unused that are 9+ months old? I'd like to see if I could have them made elsewhere

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I ran across that when I had my RX....the old ones were stiff and built better...then they came out with some that where as limp as a dish rag....and tore after or during the first job.....if I remember correct I believe Olson sent me some good ones.....

glad I have to mess with those anymore ........

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Are they really thick? I bought a few that were thicker then normal that fell apart within a few jobs.

Do you grease it?. I never do. About once a year I have to buy the metal ring that it makes contact with. It's a 10 dollar piece, I think it warps over time from no oil. The felt rings usually last me 3 - 4 months.

Albert

Carpet cleaning San Jose

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
We soak them in oil in between jobs. We change the metal plate about 3x/year, cleaning about 40,000 sq ft commercial per week with rx20s

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
Those of you having trouble with the felt rings, where did you purchase them? My last several batches came from Interlink. Hydramaster confirmed Interlink is outsourcing these rings, Hydramaster has not changed felt ring suppliers in over 20 years. So I know not to get them from Interlink, anyone have issues with rings from JonDon?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
We soak them in oil in between jobs. We change the metal plate about 3x/year, cleaning about 40,000 sq ft commercial per week with rx20s

and your bitching about a $3 felt ring...or what ever they run....

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
and your bitching about a $3 felt ring...or what ever they run....

And 2.5 hours away from the nearest supplier, of which last time they had a whopping 3 felt rings. It's principle dude, they used to work fine and now they don't. Now I know just to order them from JonDon

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well see that makes a little more sense......so does the principle part...hell thats half the reason I bitch about things....

need to add in those tid-bits so i dont just think your a puss :winky:

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
Just an update, I shipped all my inferior rings back to Interlink for a refund and so far have received good rings from every other supplier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom