Blood on Oriental rug

Fabpro

Name
Raymond Fabrizio
I have a wool Oriental rug I have to clean with a blood stain. Any tips on how to remove?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It’s wool
How’s a pic going to change your answer?
Size of the stain and how old it is. Might be better not to touch it in some cases. Majority of our blood treatments are too aggressive for wool rugs. May cause dye bleed and or yellowing. Probably want to clean at the customers risk.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Protein spotters, ammonia are normal spotters but being wool some may remove the blood but leave a halo from the chemical. Avenge also works well on blood but may also leave the halo. You might try a neutral spotter and flushing to see if that removes it.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
use cold water to flush the spot first. apply hydrogen peroxide to spot. watch it "bubble and disappear" rinse with cold water again.
If spot appears "brown/yellow" after the above steps---mists spot with Last Step ( an acid fiber rinse) to balance the ph and rinse again.
use "brown bottle 3% HP" if you are a novice.

Fabpro

Name
Raymond Fabrizio
use cold water to flush the spot first. apply hydrogen peroxide to spot. watch it "bubble and disappear" rinse with cold water again.
If spot appears "brown/yellow" after the above steps---mists spot with Last Step ( an acid fiber rinse) to balance the ph and rinse again.
use "brown bottle 3% HP" if you are a novice.
Thanks I'll try it

T

toony tosh

Do the following steps :
  1. If the blood stain you're trying to remove is dry, go ahead and brush it with a steel brush to loosen the stain. ...
  2. Mix one teaspoon of hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cold water.
  3. Take a clean, white cloth and dip it in the detergent solution you just mixed.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A few drops or a little splatter of blood can be removed by applying neutral spotter like Avenge and flushing with cool or warm water. Some drug store 3% hydrogen peroxide if needed as a next step.

If the fibers are saturated with blood, it needs at least a submersion washing and maybe to be tossed out. The deep, dense pile of wool rugs can made it difficult to remove 100% and any remaining blood is potentially hazardous.

Wear your gloves and goggles. Don't expose yourself to liability by leaving the customer with something that may not be 100% sanitary.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
give an extended soak with a warm not hot wool safe enzyme product, good flush/rinse and extract

when almost dry mist on 6%HP for any residual staining (I know some rug guys go higher but I stick within my experience) If not completly gone when dry apply a rust remover for any remaining

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom