Blower bearing replacement has never been do easy!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
$10 in parts for this DIY bearing puller, it hooks on to the "inner race" of the bearing, bypassing the need to remove the blowers front plate to tap the bearing out!

9a7a6yna.jpg

yzydytur.jpg

eza8yjug.jpg

3yqegaqy.jpg

sevu3a2u.jpg

I made this tool to replace the $700+ bearing puller that was stolen my grandfather gave me before he died.
I could replace both front bearings on any blower in less than 5 minutes.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Do some of the ball bearings need to be missing in order for the puller to fit? I suppose if the bearing is bad there is usually one or two missing.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
No, just the brace that holds all the bearings together, If it's still intact you just drill it out and use needle nose plyers to

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Even better would be to have 4 arms pulling, it would not need that wrench in the middle to brace it from moving side to side.

But that would cost an extra 'Buck fiddy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
very cool

Im a master McGyver as well.

can't say that I disagree there......every time you call with a vortex problem and your describing everything to me.....I am picturing...bailing wire ..duct tape...and all kinds of paper clips keeping the thing running.............

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Installing bearings with a socket is fine as long as you know which race to tap to prevent damage to the bearing.

If you are putting a bearing in a housing you tap the outer race.
If you are putting a bearing on a shaft you tap the inner race.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Wow, Ashley that is good to know. Now when my bearings go out on the V I know it will only take you 30 minutes from start to finish to have me back up and running! It's so strange being good friends with my local competitor, it's like we're friggin brothers (you being the "kid" brother of course) with 2 different companies working in the same market! I only hope in a few more years that I gain some of the mechanical knowledge you have obtained over the years.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Billy, I look at you more Iike a grandpa... I kidd I kidd!

If your smart enough you will stay away from as much mechanizing as possible

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Pretty much any bearing distribution company: Bearing distributors international, Motion industries, Crush bearings, Grainger, Mcmaster Carr.

There is a 4 digit number on the front of the bearing, just order that number and make sure it's an open face bearing, not enclosed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom