Blower oil Aeon PD or PD-XD

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have an older Hydramaster CDS . What is the best blower oil for that machine? I have been using Aeon PD, but I also see there is a PD-XD version of that oil. Is that better?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What is the best blower oil

I'm not a tribologist, Roxy
but since no one has offered their opinion

the best oil is the slippery kind..

it's just gear oil and there's nothing exotic about it .
Make sure it has the correct amount and changed per manufactures recommended hours, and any quality gear oil will be fine

If you're happy with Aeon PD, use it.
If $50 bukz for a qt of gear lube makes you feel bedder, go for it

to justify that price, I'm sure it's UUE
(unicorn urine enhanced) 😉

..L.T.A.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I am very easily enticed by those " Snake oil addidives. Like Schaeffer Moly. I'm not sure if it does anything. Maybe I'm wasting money , but all my vehicles have high miles on them and they are still running.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
For me it is not about the cost. My machine takes care of me so I just want to make sure it get's the best from me. What is the difference between PD and PD-XD? Butler recommends the XD for their machines.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Swani
Where did you get the advice to try mobile for your Everest?
I used A.I. to cross reference it. The Mobil is actually a superior lubricant with a broader temp range and all the qualities that Aeon has, like anti-foam properties.

I run Rotella T4 HD diesel oil in my motorbike based on the advice of thousands of online cheapskates
I'm not a cheapskate by any means. I just believe that there's better options.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
FWIW, I was informed that in the winter, a guy should run lower viscosity, and in the summer, a higher one.

I guess it depends on hrs put in, and ambient air temperature.

Makes sense.

All I know is, I run my machine HARD, and change my fluids in my TM twice as often the recommended interval.

Never an issue yet…

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Jeff T
I also run a high zinc full synthetic oil in my TM engines, Valvoline VR 1. 10w-30
I’ve run my PTO van (Chevy) on Amsoil full synthetic since the first oil change…

It’s got 220,000 kms (136,700 miles for you yanks), and she doesn’t even burn a drop of oil.

I did the calculation, and I’m now a hair over a million Kms (600,000 miles) on the original engine….

It pays well to maintain your equipment…

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
I’ve run my PTO van (Chevy) on Amsoil full synthetic since the first oil change…

It’s got 220,000 kms (136,700 miles for you yanks), and she doesn’t even burn a drop of oil.

I did the calculation, and I’m now a hair over a million Kms (600,000 miles) on the original engine….

It pays well to maintain your equipment…
I love Ams oil! I actually signed up to be a dealer, but I have yet to bring anything in. I think I'm going to switch all my diesels over to Ams oil with the bypass filter.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

FredC

Village Idiot
aeon.jpg

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom