Blue Line Ergo Wand

Farenheit251

Blueline says it reduces stress on hands and arms. My finger joints throb after a busy day(carpal tunnel?) Anyone tried it? Brian E

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I have the handle that about 12 inches down the tube.

I put it on my 14 inch westpack.

One of the top 10 buys of 2006.

Hope this helps

Farenheit251

Yes, it has the gun on top. Seems like that might be better than wrapping hand around the tube to reach trigger. But only if the gun was mounted in such a way as to allow it to be used to push/pull with. Brian E

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Carpal Tunnel makes the first 3 fingers and thumb go numb. You will have pain in the hands and wrist. If your fingers ache you probably have arthritis. If you have Carpal tunnel your hands will go to sleep at night and hurt like heck.

Omaga 3 is a good anti inflammatory. I take 6 a day and haven't got sick and my hands and back fell much better.

I don't believe a wand in the world will help stop all the pains. My employee griped the wand like he was killing snakes. I taught him to relax and use his body more and his hands have stopped hurting.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wanted to buy just the handle and was told it was like $80!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Brian;

I would look @ the method of mounting the gun before you consider it.

We have several customers who have broken the gun, because of the mount at the thinnest upright section of the gun.

Tomorrow, I can post a picture of the mount system if you want to see it.

Jimmy, the "handle" should be under that $80 price.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Greenie

feather touch traditional valve will be easier than a pressure wash trigger any day, those things are meant to hold 4000 psi, and be squeezed and held open, no the on off action that carpet cleaning gives them, they will also wear out prematurely because of this.

The 2" tube isn't causing CT, it' poorly designed trigger and valve assemblies that make you "reach" for it each time that is the problem.

Also consider the trigger "slack" if you can pull your trigger up an inch before it engages the valve stem, you have a problem. You should only have to pull 1/2 that distance or less.

Next, consider the pressure required to open the valve, if your valve has to actually be "squeezed" you need a new valve, a feather touch can be actuated by holding the 2" tube in your hand, just the weight of it.

Jimmy should be along anytime now to say how his Castex valve is just the ticket...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

While I do like the "light touch" valves, I have always felt that it is a hand strain to grasp a valve handle on the other side of a 2" tube.

That is the reason we go with a 1.75" tube on our 14" wand with conventional valve and a 2" tube on our wand with Gunjet valve.

Larry Cobb

Scott Rogers

The easiest way to prevent CT is to have both types of wands and switch up regularly. It breaks up the repetitiveness of using the same type handle everyday. I know many people with CT after using pressure washing type wands daily for a year or two. Same goes with the traditional wands. I switch up every few jobs. Underhandle (RV) on all soiled jobs. Pressure washing handle or OP on all maintenance jobs.

Greenie

Scott both of the valves you mentioned require a lot of pressure and reach to operate.

Larry, IN my opinion 1.75" is just not that much smaller, I think the "standard" valve has more to do with it than the size of the tube, especially considering running the wand with a glide, as you are no longer muscling the wand which requires the better rear grip.

And I've yet to see how cradling the tube with three fingers and extending an index finger 1/2" is going to be more strain than a 4000 psi PW trigger?

I think much of this boils down to we only know what we know, and until we try out other set ups, we'll never really know.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I said I liked the blueline HANDLE , you know where you put your hand to hold the wand.....not the gun-jet.

greenie you are getting to be more and more like Eddie Valentine.
You know the one who can't take criticism and must attack those who don't agree with you.

So easy to piss off....so easy.....so easy.

So KMA!

LOL!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

Both the "soft touch" and the Gunjet valve use the same system of actuation.

Both are stainless balls lifted off the seat by a pin actuator.

I would consider them both easy to operate.

Larry Cobb

Greenie

Jimmy I have kisses and hugs for you, I'm just stating my opinion, having squeezed a few gun jets I didn't find them anywhere near as easy.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Hey Jimmy, I bought my handle when I got back from Vegas.

Called blueline and they sent one right out, cost w/shipping $62.

One week later my friend called to order one and they told him to call Jondon because they couldn't sell, only their distributors could.

Called JonDon, $86, he passed.

Once again, a commercial item wayyyyyy over priced.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't know if a 1.75 inch wand is easier on the hands than a 2 inch, but I can tell you with absolutely sure certainty that a 2 inch wand is harmful on my hands and wrists and a 1.5 inch is not.

So, please don't tell me wand size is not a factor.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
If you have some CT problems try switching to the other hand while wanding, this will also help your muscles develop evenly, a glide makes this very easy

one other thing you can do is make sure you use all 4 fingers on the trigger, not just one or two, you would be surprised what a difference is can make and stop choking the chicken will also help

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm 5'3" and I don't have a bit of problem holding a 2" tubed wand comfortably. I don't have big hands at all.

Take care,
Lisa

Greenie

wow, that is a lot for a handle, note: make handles.

Tell me Vincent, does it feel sturdy when you lean on it when cleaning, when i was trying it out, I thought it flexed a bit more than I was comfortable with.

I pulled our stock handles way up so that the forward grip was nearly level with the top of the bend in the tube, this allowed a comfortable standing position. Is your ergo on that level?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, John G. used to respond to all concerns about how heavy his machines are by saying his daughter could carry one up a flight of stairs using only one hand.

All it proved to me was that John's daughter was much of a man.

It really didn't have much bearing on the issue at hand.

Terry:

I may, or may not be a pussy, but that really doesn't matter much in relation to the issue here. The fact is a 2 inch wand is harder on my 50 year old hands and arms. A fact that everybody here will have to address sooner or later.

Greenie

holy crap Marty, now I feel bad selling you a 2" wand. If your hands are hurtin that bad, why is it you seriously haven't brought on a helper part time, surely there is some bright kid looking for some flex work?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Marty,

Sounds like you need to see a doc for Arthritis. That's not normal. They have some pretty good meds for arthritis now, you don't need to live in pain every day.

From the tip of my middle finger to the crease of my wrist, my hand measures 7" exactly, Greenie's measures 8.25" (he's 5'10" tall). neither of us have large hands, and at nearly 44, I'm no spring chicken either, but keying the wand whether 2" or 1.5" has always been comfortable.

I really don't think it's the wand as much as it's a medical problem you need to get treated for. Please see a doctor if you haven't already....and do consider getting someone to push the wand for you while you work your charm on Mrs. Piffleton and do the expert stain removal, etc.

Take care,
Lisa

John Watson

I am over the 50 side and a bit closer to the 60 side and use the pc quad which I believe is 1.75 with the last 3 inches swedged out to fit the 2 in hose. I guess I am lucky because I don't have a problem with my hands. Helen has Rheumatoid arthritis and We are also lucky that she has been in remission for the past few years after her doctors were able to get her correct pharmacy needs. If I ever switch over to a complete 2 in system I would have my 2in Bates wand updated by Jeff to complete the system.

I believe my bates is lighter than the quad.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I still use the 2 inch wand simply because I am addicted to the super dry times it gives me. At some point though, I'm gonna upgrade to a bigger blower and go back to an 1.5 inch wand.

I don't hire anybody because I simply couldn't, in good conscious, subject another human being to me. Even if I am paying him.

I've been told that I am a picky assed buttwad.

But, she cooks good, so I keep her.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Wand Valve Photo

bluehand.jpg

I would change a couple of things on this wand:

1. Attach the valve at a stronger section of plastic.

2. Increase the size of the line from the valve to the jet bar for less pressure loss.
(Compare the 1/4" QC to the crimp on the hose).

Larry Cobb

Scott Rogers

I actually left one with him to model, but he never made a proto type. It is actually the famous Stanley Steemer 14" 4 jet 2" wand.

Greenie

I call it the Paul Bunyon, cause you use it like a cross cut saw, it's no "finesse" tool that is for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom