Blueline bluewave. Water in waterbox stays cold

Gordy

I have a blueline bluewave. I have not noticed the water in the waterbox getting warm. Should this be the case?
There is a 180° thermal rosta valve under the waterbox. Photos attached, what is the Function of this water valve?

20191109_112746.jpg FB_IMG_1573261666847.jpg

Name
Austin Willoughby
I have a blueline bluewave. I have not noticed the water in the waterbox getting warm. Should this be the case?
There is a 180° thermal rosta valve under the waterbox. Photos attached, what is the Function of this water valve?

View attachment 94806 View attachment 94807
Its to send the water to the water box only if the temps reaching 180 degrees to protect the pump. So basically it mixes the water to cool down the water running to the pump from what I understand. You actually dont need it but the water to your wand will take more time to warm up without it. I could be wrong

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
$429 is absolutely ridiculous for that part. Try Sunbelt USA, Steambrite.com, or make a new thermal bypass yourself using a Sapphire part. That is insulting they would charge you that much for that part. Sell your TM in protest and go with another brand. Get a 180° Thermal Bypass valve made by CAT.

Name
Austin Willoughby
$429 is absolutely ridiculous for that part. Try Sunbelt USA, Steambrite.com, or make a new thermal bypass yourself using a Sapphire part. That is insulting they would charge you that much for that part. Sell your TM in protest and go with another brand. Get a 180° Thermal Bypass valve made by CAT.

I'm pretty sure it's not needed. When they crap out the guys just bypass them. They actually helps heat the water up quicker but while doing so send water that's to hot away from pump. Without it it just uses the water box as a preheated instead sending the warm water from the regulator to the water pump then through heat exchangers.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm pretty sure it's not needed. When they crap out the guys just bypass them. They actually helps heat the water up quicker but while doing so send water that's to hot away from pump. Without it it just uses the water box as a preheated instead sending the warm water from the regulator to the water pump then through heat exchangers.
I would send the broken part to Tony Dang for his collection.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
OP is ask why the water in the water box doesnt get hot. Its bc theres a 165 thermal valve on the water box that dumps the water out the box when temps reach that. That weird thermo valve is just to keep the warm water circulating in the heat system so the water box isnt acting as a preheated like most tm's which in turn keeps you from waiting 15 mins for the water to heat at the wand. That's the only thing I can figure out from messing with mine. Used it without it but takes a while to heat the system

Gordy

It's done 1600 hours. I bought it second hand a year ago. So far no problems with it. Thank you for your input on this.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

View attachment 94806 View attachment 94807

that is actually a bypass valve..not a therm valve.....if will bypass the water box and recirculate the hot water to protect the pump...the therm valve is the little 165 degree valve that is on the bottom of the water box and it is designed to open up at 165 and dump the water into the waste tank to allow cooler water to enter the box and maintain a certain temp...I know some say that they are not important and can be bypassed..but they are there to help protect the pump and the machine.....

Reactions: Austin Willoughby

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It's no wonder they don't make thermalwave anymore

they weren't making any money off of them...if properly taken care of...they out last their operators...unlike today's machines that seem more problematic...

Name
Austin Willoughby
they weren't making any money off of them...if properly taken care of...they out last their operators...unlike today's machines that seem more problematic...
I agree with jim here. Is a 1.6l gm vortec motor indestructible and easily rebuild able. I think it has to do with knowing the kinks of your machines. Every machine has some sort of design flaw or kink and once you learn then you learn to keep and eye on them plus maintain it properly. Also regular maintainence and inspection can make even the worst designs last awhile.

Name
Austin Willoughby
that is actually a bypass valve..not a therm valve.....if will bypass the water box and recirculate the hot water to protect the pump...the therm valve is the little 165 degree valve that is on the bottom of the water box and it is designed to open up at 165 and dump the water into the waste tank to allow cooler water to enter the box and maintain a certain temp...I know some say that they are not important and can be bypassed..but they are there to help protect the pump and the machine.....
That's a better explanation of it for sure and in fact I remember now, that's where I learned it form originally lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom