Body Odor still in carpet after using a quart of Kill Odor

Moser Bros.

I cleaned about 750 sqft of carpet in after putting down a quart of Kill Odor mixed with 4 gallons of water, through a Cimex. I ran out of Kill Odor or I would have used more. I very cleaned the hell out of the carpet and extracated as much as I could. I went back today and I carpet still smells just as bad as before I cleaned it! And after I was done cleaning I could smell any foul odor, but the carpet is still very slightly damp since it was a rental and the windows were closed. I had the water temp at over 220 from a little giant heater.

The tenant is moving in on Monday and I'm supposed to get rid out the odor by then. I only thing I can do is wait until Monday when Carpet Maintance supply is open. I could either spray down at least double the amout of Kill Odor and rake it in and let it dry, since it is a encap and can be vacuumed out after it drys, use a different deoderizer or a fog machine.

Has anyone had this issue before? What product did you use to remove the pet body odor?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I see this issue come up allot here. You will not fix this issue by dumping a ton of perfumed odor juice on the carpet. Use a prespray with an encapsulated enzyme like bio-break or power-max.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
You may have to lift the carpet and inspect the underlay ( pad ) and slab to see how far the problem has gone. Underlay may have to be replaced and if severe enough the slab may have to be treated, dried and sealed before all traces of odour causing material will be removed.

Obviously if your problem is a dead body odour rather than just body odour you have a whole different and much much bigger problem on your hands.

Scott Rogers

Well, you said what you used for a deodorizer. But what did you try to clean it with?

Assuming you did a thorough HWE with a good pre spray boosted with a O2 booster and either a emulsifier or acid rinse. If not reclean it. Next step would be to Cimex it with Releasit.

The Cimex or even a rotary is not the best pre scrubber for this particular issue. A CBM is better suited to pull up the dander and hair that has worked its way deep into the nap.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I doubt an ozone treatment would address the source of the odor. Ozone would fix the air temporarily possibly, but as soon as it's removed the source (assuming it's the carpet or cushion) would soon stink up the joint again. Id' try a Hydrocide or Odorcide treatment before and after extracting.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Thats why my prefered odor killer is Proliminator from Chemiesters. Any deodorizer that can kill and remove the smell of gasoline, as Proliminator will, can knock out about any odor.

And it smells like "Sunshine"....

E

eco-clean

Pull back carpet remove pad from affected area. inspect the floor look for cracks in subfloor if subfloor is affected. use 25% bleach and water let dry. seal with killz install new pad. flush carpet top and back if any blood or body juice stains are still noticeable in carpet use a oxidizer.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
If you have 'dead body juices' in carpet then the only option is to dump the carpet
and then deal with the odour that has been absorbed into the remaining materials in the house.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
These types of odor are almost always associated with moisture.

Get the carpet and pad dry adn you will be well on your way to solving the problem.

Ventilation is definitely needed. Maybe heat or dehumidification depending upon the circumstances.

An application of Hydrocide on the carpet would help if the carpet is the source of the odor.

Vaportek's 3X Industrial cartridge would be another great option. It will out-perform ozone with none of the safety concerns or other issues raised with using ozone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom