Bonnet Cleaning -- Encapsulation -- Warranty Issues

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I want to pad encap an account every other cleaning for interim maintenance. The warranty says "Bonnet Cleaning" will void the warranty. Does that mean detergent bonnet cleaning or would that apply if I was padding encapsulate? It wants me to use a CBM and encap.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The only one who can really interpret a warranty is the company that issued the warranty. They know what they will or will not cover. Anybody else who gives an opinion is making an educated guess.

With that disclaimer, my guess is that anything with a rotary machine - brush / pad/ encap or whatever would be contrary to the warranty requirements. I know at least one major manufacturer that loves encap with CRB machines but opposes encap with rotary machine or orbital machine.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Most commercial warranties are void after 5 years anyway.

How old is the carpet?

Most carpet warranteis aren't worth the paper they are wrirtten on.

Thet are ful of exclusions and excuses.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I agree with Scott. It is not usually the chemistry as much as the syste. They do not like rotary action and in a perfect world they would want SOA chemicals.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The carpet is five years old on a ten year warranty. I asked what other factors void the warranty, anything about cleaning frequency and he clammed up. Apparently he knew if he gave me the information I would tell them their carpet is out of warranty and I would be able to use my 175.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom