Bonnet then extract

F

FB7777

Just finished a college cleaning project last week

Most of the dorms we pre-sprayed heavy , scrubbed with green stripe bonnets and hot water extracted

Today I paid a visit to the facility director and he proclaimed "never cleaner" after 25 years we've never had a better cleaning job.

I've pre-scrubbed with a brush or a scrub pad before but this time I decided to remove soil during the pre-scrub and not just swirl it around on the CGD

This guy has spent a fortune on cleaning in the past, so he was unimpressed with how good it looked while we were cleaning, thats why I waited a week to walk through the place and see the real results

Went through about 50 dirty pads on the project but I believe I built a real solid relationship

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nothing helps a job better than a good prescrub. Customers love it.

It's just so darn hard to do it and still make my hourly target rate in my market. To do so prices me way out of any practical range.

Rex Tyus

admiralclean said:
Nothing helps a job better than a good prescrub. Customers love it.

It's just so darn hard to do it and still make my hourly target rate in my market. To do so prices me way out of any practical range.

Here is one of those time we agree again Marty. :D

Chris A

Name
Chris
We've had a lot of success with green stripe pads over the years as well.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was just telling a client today that I wished I knew then what I know now. I was in a dorm room and they threw a bucket of water over the carpet. Boy did that carpet reek!!! Could have used some quatalot on that!!

JFRASER

Doesn't rotoscrubing damage the carpet? Ive done this a few times and got good results but it made the carpet look worn.

Name
Nate W.
I've never heard of using vct pads on carpet before visiting this board. What I gathered is as long as there's enough lube between the carpet and pad, you shouldn't have a problem.

leesenter

Cut pile with no heat set is murdered by bonnets and pads and does look worn very quickly.
Question is whether you think you can realistically identify all heat set fibers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're right Lee, it can tip bloom them up if you're not careful.

In this case Fred is talking about dorm rooms.

I don't know if you've seen the shape those can get in, but the college kids can do some serious damage to carpet. We do a bunch of frat houses and they can out do anything a pad would do.

Thanks for the caution!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JFRASER said:
Doesn't rotoscrubing damage the carpet? Ive done this a few times and got good results but it made the carpet look worn.

pre-sprayed saturated synthetic bonnets over a pre-sprayed carpet are one of the safest most effective ways to roto scrub a cut pile.
Only thing gentler is a soft shampoo brush, but is not nearly as effective as a saturated syn scrub bonnet.

if a cut pile is at the point it "needs" a roto scrub, imHo it's a restoration job anyway.
any concern about fiber damage, as Lee mentioned goes out the window as such cut piles will only benefit with a roto scrub

It's no concern on loop piles.
VCT pads are more aggressive, but pre-spray saturated bonnet over a pre-sprayed carpet is nearly operator error idiot proof.
That's not so with with aggressive VCT pads.
That's why I shudder when I hear green or even red VCT pads suggested for scrubbing.
They're useful in the hands of an "experienced" operator that know how, when and where to use them, but a newbie to the roto scrub game can ruin a carpet speedy quick with them

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I carry an assortment of fiber pads ranging from white to black with four colors in between just for pre scrubbin carpet and hard floors.

I also carry 5 types of absorbent bonnets/pads for "post padding" which despite what Marty THINKS, can be extremely useful in removing additional soil and speed drying.

Most guys (Marty) try it once or five times and dont see much soil on the pads but every once in a while, and most likely when you couldn't predict it, the pads will come up BLACK.

We post pad all of our new commercial job if for nothing else to do what Freddy just did, impress the heck out of the client.

did one just yesterday and it was filthy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Now Mikey ... it's not that I don't see soil on the bonnets when I post pad. I do. It is useful for additional soil removal.

It just doesn't reduce the drying times that much.

And, the soil you see on the pads is not soil that you could see on the carpets prior to bonneting. So, in Curtis' economically and cognitively depressed market, it is a serious waste of time.

Mikey P

Administrator
Possibly.

But what if you prevented wicking and were able to impress the client by doing it in front of them?

And dont forget, a real professional cleaning company sends to men out.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

Sounds like you made a good impression on the University officials.

The green-stripe bonnets are the most widely-sold types.

Did you wring-out the 50 pads as you cleaned ?

What was the total sq. ft. ?

The bonnets agitation will be fine,
if the prespray has adequate lubricating properties.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
admiralclean said:
the brush is better

for gentleness, I agree

but there was a time you authoritatively said a CBR gave better visual results over a rotary scrub too

so i question how many side by side evaluations you've done on different carpet types to actually know a shampoo brush is better at shearing soil off a fiber than a scrub bonnet.

Cause my experience isn't the same as yours

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suspect I was referring to commercial glue down carpets when I expressed a love for the CBM. On residential, the rotary's weight makes a huge difference. In your original post, I don't think you used the term "scrub bonnet". I think you just said bonnet. I don't know what a "scrub" bonnet is, or how it differs from a normal bonnet. A "scrub bonnet" may do just as good as a brush. All I know is the brush digs deeper than a normal bonnet, which skims across the tips of the fibers.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
admiralclean said:
I suspect I was referring to commercial glue down carpets when I expressed a love for the CBM. .

yes, but you're wrong there too
rotary kicks it's azz there as well for shearing soil

but we agree about post bonneting

so be satisfied you got ONE thing right

..L.T.A.

John Watson

Even I said me, Has to agree with Larry and Marty, The pre removes more than the post. In some circles they do both. I still like the guy who scrubs all the way up on the edges where only a certain type of person walks.

admiralclean said:
Now Mikey ... it's not that I don't see soil on the bonnets when I post pad. I do. It is useful for additional soil removal.

It just doesn't reduce the drying times that much.

And, the soil you see on the pads is not soil that you could see on the carpets prior to bonneting. So, in Curtis' economically and cognitively depressed market, it is a serious waste of time.

Is that why you still have one truck and no employees after 20 years?

Post pad makes lots of cheerleaders for us and it works not only in dry time but reducing wicking and getting that last swipe of dirt left. It does wonders with really trashed carpet, dosent take long and we/you can chg extra.

When you spill water on the carpet and you soak it up with a towel isnt the carpet drier? DuH

LMAO again...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mikey:

I HAVE tried the stripping pads to scrub commercial carpets and they do a better job than the brush. Much better. However, I thought we were talking about residential carpets here.

Curtis:
I don't actually expect you to believe this, but I used to run three crews, and did so for years. I don't have employees today because I CHOOSE not to.

admiralclean said:
Mikey:

I HAVE tried the stripping pads to scrub commercial carpets and they do a better job than the brush. Much better. However, I thought we were talking about residential carpets here.

Curtis:
I don't actually expect you to believe this, but I used to run three crews, and did so for years. I don't have employees today because I CHOOSE not to.

Your kids and wife dont count....

Actually I wish I was solo sometimes but then again I would be on call all the time,the "late guy" and answer the phone ...man I hated my first year,till I got a helper couldnt do it all..buisness expolded for me blessfully that first year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom