boric acid

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
isn't it a powder?

If so vacuum vacuum vacuum. Not sure of the PH but if you think there is some remaining you could try to balance it with a base like ammonia.

Probably only needs vacuuming and cleaning if in the powder form.

Liquid? Not sure if it would damage the fabric or not????

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I will find out. I was thinking the same..vacuum like crazy than just rinse it. Amonia ? I was just going to use my one clean

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jared I'm not sure what the PH of oneclean is, but if it is safe for fabrics that's probably fine.

Ammonia would be if the acid created a PH inbalance on the fabric. It may not, I'm not familiar with boric acid other than I've heard people use it sometimes to kill ants .

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
The lady tried to use it on her dog for fleas..lol, One clean has PH of about 8. That's the only thing I rinse everything with, hence the name.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You should be good!

Hence the name. LOL

truth is, one product that does everything is pretty common. One product that cleans everything well or better than individual products specifically designed for the situation....are rare. :mrgreen:

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I know...and thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I like to stay out of trouble. pre spray with something naughty..and rinse with something nice..I learned the hard way. Still have a bucket of powdered 90 taking up space..lol.

aurther11

Thanks for the information.........Nice and informative post......... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It will rinse out with water. I'm treating a whole house full of furniture tomorrow with boric acid.

It's made to spray on furniture for fleas.

You really don't even have to clean it and it will just prevent fleas on the sofa for up to 6 months.

The stuff is completely safe.

You can roll around in it and even eat the stuff if you want.

Calcium pills commonly have boric acid it it to aid in digestion.

Name
Eric Valentine
Dave Yoakum said:
The stuff is completely safe.
Boric acid is not totally safe.

Based on mammalian median lethal dose (LD50) rating of 2,660 mg/kg body mass, boric acid is poisonous if taken internally or inhaled in large quantities. However, it is generally considered to be not much more toxic than table salt.[4] The Thirteenth Edition of the Merck Index indicates that the LD50 of boric acid is 5.14 g/kg for oral dosages given to rats, and that 5 to 20 g/kg has produced death in adult humans. The LD50 of sodium chloride is reported to be 3.75 g/kg in rats according to the Merck Index.

Long term exposure to boric acid may be of more concern, causing kidney damage and eventually kidney failure (see links below). Although it does not appear to be carcinogenic, studies in dogs have reported testicular atrophy after exposure to 32 mg/kg bw/day for 90 days. This level is far lower than the LD50.

According to boric acid IUCLID Dataset published by the European Commission, boric acid in high doses shows significant developmental toxicity and teratogenicity in rabbit, rat, and mouse fetuses as well as cardiovascular defects, skeletal variations, mild kidney lesions.[6] As a consequence, in August 2008, in the 30th ATP to EU directive 67/548/EEC, the EC decided to amend its classification as reprotoxic category 2 and to apply the risk phrases R60 (may impair fertility) and R61 (may cause harm to the unborn child).

At a recent European Diagnostics Manufacturing Association (EDMA) Meeting several new additions to the Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC) candidate list in relation to the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals Regulations 2007 (REACH) were discussed. The registration and review completed as part of REACH has meant the current classification of Boric Acid CAS 10043-35-3 / 11113-50-1 as of 1 December 2010 will be listed as H360FD (May damage fertility. May damage the unborn child.)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Boron is naturing accruing in many foods.

People consume between 10 and 25 milligrams of boron each day.

The studies showing any harmful effects are feeding mice and dogs very high doses of it each day for 3 months or more.

Even water can be harmful in large doses.

The studies I have test people rolling around in the stuff in swimsuits with no affect.

You can eat 3 tablespoons of the stuff every day with no affect.

It is in many medications.

Just don't eat large doses of the stuff every day for 3 months of longer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom