I hope it smells good

1597287245871.png

lta

• Haha
Reactions: Old Coastie

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Lift-Away DLX? Even so, it’s not a used Oreck off of Ebay. I didn’t GAS, I just needed a substitute vacuum so I didn’t have to do it!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
One thing about my Shark, you know when it's dirty. Since our Irobot Roomba thing and Oreck died, I've had to bring home my shark to get all the German Shepherd hair up. I wash the shark at the shop, pulling out all the filters and dust bin and washing them in the utility sink. It's a pain. I tried bringing my Kirby home but my wife absolutely hates that thing. I don't blame her. It's heavy, hard to push, and the adjustable head height is a pain. I don't even like using it at the rug shop. I normally just pull my Shark off the van.

We've been fighting with Roomba since May to get our robot fixed. Still waiting for a replacement.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
nope not all
I wouldn't even use my "clean house" work vac in my home

..L.T.A.
Let me be the first to commend you on being so health conscience about bringing a non virgin vacuum into your house.

There are approximately 600 ingredients in cigarettes. When burned, cigarettes create more than 7,000 chemicals. At least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Dyson animal without an animal, and two Dyson stick vacs. 4 bedrooms with carpet and the rest, well I told you.
I've had two Dysons' and they both would over heat and shut down for about 20min until the innards reset. Have you ever had that happen? As much as I liked my Dyson I had to stop using it for this reason. It just couldn't make it through large jobs without a 20 minute break.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
nope not all
I wouldn't even use my "clean house" work vac in my home

..L.T.A.

scared of old lady dander and dog piss but you'll suck on a Marlborough...

Cigarette or tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 different chemical compounds which are present in the solid phase, the gas phase or the liquid phase. ... The major gases include carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and hydrogen cyanide and the liquid vapours include formaldehyde, methane, benzene, ammonia and acetone

Reactions: Nomad74

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I've had two Dysons' and they both would over heat and shut down for about 20min until the innards reset. Have you ever had that happen? As much as I liked my Dyson I had to stop using it for this reason. It just couldn't make it through large jobs with out a 20 minute break.
No I haven’t, but that don’t mean anything. All everything are pieces of crap, from vacuums, to cell phones, to vans, to TM’s, scrubbers to buffers.
Don’t think I don’t use eBay, for all of it. But, on Black Friday before Covid, Sams would run specials on Dysons. I like em for my house.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
No I haven’t, but that don’t mean anything. All everything are pieces of crap, from vacuums, to cell phones, to vans, to TM’s, scrubbers to buffers.
Don’t think I don’t use eBay, for all of it. But, on Black Friday before Covid, Sams would run specials on Dysons. I like em for my house.
Just my bad luck I guess. Not Damon Proof.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Should I (me) have to do something for someone, my help, I’ll take a Dyson stick vac and a Rubbermaid self contained mop and go to town🤷🏼‍♂️😂 But that is rare.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
One thing about my Shark, you know when it's dirty. Since our Irobot Roomba thing and Oreck died, I've had to bring home my shark to get all the German Shepherd hair up. I wash the shark at the shop, pulling out all the filters and dust bin and washing them in the utility sink. It's a pain. I tried bringing my Kirby home but my wife absolutely hates that thing. I don't blame her. It's heavy, hard to push, and the adjustable head height is a pain. I don't even like using it at the rug shop. I normally just pull my Shark off the van.

We've been fighting with Roomba since May to get our robot fixed. Still waiting for a replacement.
That stupid Kirby that I bought at that yard sale was given to Salvation Army after I put a new brush, bag, and belt on it. I spent $100 to give it away

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, I think I figured out why the Oreck was for sale on Ebay. I plugged her in and she did not suck up the dog hair very well. Flipped it over and the beater brush was not spinning very fast. Took it apart and replaced the belt. She's running good now. I would bet the last owner sold it because they didn't know how to change the belt.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Happy wife, happy life.

Oreck got it right with the 30' cord, I'll give them that. And it does great on the German Shepherd hair.
When we were looking for the temporary replacement, the cord was the big thing for me. I couldn’t have a 15 ft. residential cord in a school
even with an extension cord. Even for one day. Shark won out on that alone.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've had two Dysons' and they both would over heat and shut down for about 20min until the innards reset. Have you ever had that happen? As much as I liked my Dyson I had to stop using it for this reason. It just couldn't make it through large jobs without a 20 minute break.
Have you changed the motor filter?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom