Bought some new hoses

Name
Swani
20180418_162310.jpg
20180418_162322.jpg

I really like flex hose for the rare occasions when I need to hook up to a sink.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The pos rubber hose I got from ace the black color comes off when you roll it up if it's wet outside.

My red hose doesn't do it, just the black... Have you used this brand/style before?

Name
Lee Stockwell
I use poly-rubber blend 3/8" air hoses for water fill on the truck. Each 50' section on a cord reel with garden QC on each end.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have the black rubber hose on my van. I don't like it. It's too grabby and leaves my hand or towels black when I roll it up on the reel. I'm thinking about replacing it with something slippery.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
air compressor hose is the best for a carpet cleaning truck, 100ft is like less than 5lbs and fits on a smaller live reel

surprisingly the orange one from harbor freight is my favorite, still using the same one from 5yrs ago.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
air compressor hose is the best for a carpet cleaning truck, 100ft is like less than 5lbs and fits on a smaller live reel

surprisingly the orange one from harbor freight is my favorite, still using the same one from 5yrs ago.
Ohh harbor freight. I love having an excuse to go there. Thanks.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
1/2 inch blue water hose, 300 psi rated for hot water. Soft and coils easy. I carry 100 feet with an extra 50 feet hanging up just in case. Long lasting. The one in the pic is over 10 years old.
IMG_20180420_205944.jpg

Reactions: Living The Dream

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
No. Not the wrong thread. Did you see the mess in that van around that dirty greasy hose?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is no mess in the van. Behind the hose is a hot water heater and the floor was much abused before the TM went in. No, I don't wash that hose as it gets dragged across the ground several times a day.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
let us know how it holds up, Nick
the hose should be fine...that type FM fitting though.....isn't one I've found to be tremendously durable with regular daily use
I got fooled by the beefy looking fittings on a Goodyear hose once before. Aluminum anodized to look like brass.

I bought three supposedly heavy duty rubber hoses at HD and returned them after two weeks. The counter person said she didn't know why they sold them, as they were the most returned product she'd seen.

Turned out they were listed as rubber on the shelf, but the package (like yours) said 'rubber formulation', and a form of plastic, not rubber.

Hope yours are the real thing, or returnable.

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Name
Swani
I got fooled by the beefy looking fittings on a Goodyear hose once before. Aluminum anodized to look like brass.

I bought three supposedly heavy duty rubber hoses at HD and returned them after two weeks. The counter person said she didn't know why they sold them, as they were the most returned product she'd seen.

Turned out they were listed as rubber on the shelf, but the package (like yours) said 'rubber formulation', and a form of plastic, not rubber.

Hope yours are the real thing, or returnable.
Ah shit!
20180425_174441.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom