Bought the Sapphire upholstery tool today.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I know a lot of you don't understand me.

Neither does me missus. shiteatinggrin

But, what the hell is a BARFLINER ?? :oops:

Many years ago, the airlines used a powdered product called Barf, to soak up vomit during a flight.

Is a BARFLINER some sort of lining to prevent vomit soaking into a fabric or carpet ?? shiteatinggrin

Where would it be used. ??

The mind boggles at some of the things you people say. :lol:

Bob Foster

For those who know good boats it's a term of distrain for a boat manufacturer called Bayliner. Cheap "chop gun" fiberglass boats made in mass volume targeted at people with little experience owning, operating and maintaining boats. Sorry to those of you that might have the misfortune of owning one but they are junk.

Most of them have short lives and many are available cheap. They are mostly found out on blocks on acreage, back yards and boat yards covered in mold, mildew moss and the mandatory tattered blue plastic tarp on top of collapsed aluminum bimini with a faded for sale sign on them.

:lol: They are usually owned by people who were previously unaware of the meaning of the words, chandler, rode, dry rot, transom, stringer, electrolysis, riser, stainless, sumbrella, anode, moorage, Mayday, chart, float switch, through hull and finally brokerage. :lol:

When you think of Bayliner think Hyundai Pony.

VP1655597_1.jpg

bayliner003.jpg

4627760418_fb23678650.jpg

bayliner1.jpg

bayliner-encounter-32-ft.jpg

f_157369890-46e83e59.jpg

Bob Foster

I will post a picture later today of the piece of shit that someone actually called me about yesterday.

Bob Foster

Bob Foster said:
I will post a picture later today of the piece of shit that someone actually called me about yesterday.

As soon as he said Bayliner, I thought he might have been dreaming.

As soon as I walked around the corner of the barn I knew he was dreaming in Technicolor THAR SHE WAZ in all her classic Barfliner pose with the usual surroundings...

Backacrebarfliner.jpg

backacrebarfliner2.jpg

As soon as I stepped into the cockpit and saw the companionway door open to the elements, I started chuckling

backacrebarfliner4.jpg

And as soon as I looked in side I shook my head and walked away...

Backacrebarfliner3.jpg

Bob Foster

Now to un-hijack this thread

Here are my first impressions of the Sapphire Upholstery tool

Easy on the hand and wrist. Light weight and maneuverable, but hard to get a cleaning edge real close to some surfaces

Cleans beautifully and doesn't leave the fabric too wet. Lots of control of flow.

Used it both on triggered and constant. Prefered constant by far.

The vacuum relief was handy and on fine microfiber like material, it was essential to open the relief,

I used it in both a high flow and low flow setting. I used it on stairs on high flow and would say this is not good tool for regular pile carpet as it lacks the capability of using a little extra agitation.

The one challenge was the hose kept on kinking down by the flow control valve. It needs a stronger hose or a strain relief to stop it from kinking. It all but completely closing off the vacuum. If there were a stronger hose on it then it would lose some of its maneuverability as the hose is light and flexible.

It's now my go to upholstery tool.

Thanks for the great service Pembertons!

Keith Studebaker working with Sapphire is a winning combination.

sapphireflow1.jpg

Sapphire on headliner

sapphireceiling1.jpg

Sapphire on valance and fabric covered woven wood shades
sapphireww.jpg

sapphirewuph4best.jpg

upholsterysidebyside1.jpg

Sapphire set on low flow
sapphireflow2.jpg

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Wow. Thanks Bob.
Working with sapphire has been truly amazing. People will look back on them and think of the contributions they have made to this industry.

And it's only the beginning...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Had to pull apart the drimasters and switch hoses. I am at home today with a sick kid so I decided to start going through some of this stuff. SS I need a new , better hose. The Drimaster hose is smaller and the SS isn't working as well now. I was thinking of putting a 2 inch hose on it today instead

DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0127.jpg
    DSCN0127.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 73

Mikey P

Administrator
who the hell do you hire to suck carpet Greg?

ex-WWF goons?

they break all your shit.

I have two SS tools and do not have any issues other than the occasional kink in the short section that is quickly straightened out with out any lasting damage.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
about or over 200 degrees.

Mikey what the hell could someone do with the hose? That hose from the drimaster is 4 yrs old and not one problem. Others have had problems with the hose and I heard I was going to get one sent to me a couple months ago. I bought it and it failed quickly.

I also posted the pics of the sprayers in that thread with the cheap fittings. Still waiting for a van to get back and I will take more pics.

Also, I am pulling apart the Cross American Vac Booster that still has the plastic on the wheels and never installed the handle, used it a few times and put it in the garage and tested it a little bit ago but it was held together with cheap adhesive and all the parts inside fell off.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
After using the SS tool I got a couple of weeks back, the hose is to soft. Even with the vacuum relief, I have kinked mine in two places

I will have to replace my hose also. The water flow adjustment valve also keeps coming out of the velcro lined heat wrap sheild. Almost like the pressure line hose inside the vac hose is to long. I would suggest a flatter type water flow adjustment valve if possible

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom