Box Store Sealer

Name
Swani
I have a stone job coming up that I believe is travertine. The installer used 511 from HD to seal it. From my experience 511 can be hard to remove and can look blotchy if not all removed. Anyone have any good tips and tricks for cleaning and re-sealing this?

Name
Swani
511 is 'just" a penetrative sealer

pics?
660093774.jpg660093729.jpg

Name
Swani
Marty is correct for once.

I would hit that travertine with Saiger tsunami, mechanical agitation and 800ish psi
That's pretty much the plan I have laid out for it, but my concern is that there is a chance that because it's so porous some of the 511 may not get removed and that it will look blotchy?

I still have some Formula 51 from Stone Pro that I won here. That may be my plan b if it does not turn out the way I want.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
511 is a very good sealer, more difficult to work with however. May need a mono. Key with any P- sealer is know how much to use,

The shine variance most likely is a surface abrasion issue. Castle install typically is a lo polish out of the box.

Inspect before and after cleaning to "document" sheen levels at angle, traffic patterns

Let them know it may need refinishing to "look like new"

good news is castle "hides" a lot of imperfections. that's the allure

Name
Swani
511 is a very good sealer, more difficult to work with however. May need a mono. Key with any P- sealer is know how much to use,

The shine variance most likely is a surface abrasion issue. Castle install typically is a lo polish out of the box.

Inspect before and after cleaning to "document" sheen levels at angle, traffic patterns

Let them know it may need refinishing to "look like new"

good news is castle "hides" a lot of imperfections. that's the allure
What would be your choice of cleaner and sealer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom