Box truck

Kxp

Name
Ken pena
I purchased an 2006 ford box truck awhile back with an 805 in it getting ready to gut the box pull machine all the wood in the floor is pretty rotted and need to put a side door any tips I could get from you guys before I start would be great I have learned sometimes it pays to ask and maybe not make so many mistakes thanks Ken

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you’re pulling it out, I’d consider purchasing a saddle gas tank for the tm only. I did that with my box, and I love not worrying about running out of gas

Kxp

Name
Ken pena
Ya the truck mount will run out when the truck has quarter tank on my npr it will empty it or get close never have emptied it but have left a job and it was on empty

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ya the truck mount will run out when the truck has quarter tank on my npr it will empty it or get close never have emptied it but have left a job and it was on empty
I feel that's the best benefit to having a box truck vs a van, because you have all that extra space under the box to install extras.
Another benefit is where the battery is located. If your Ford has a similar battery setup like my cab over, then the battery should be on a tray under the box. There is space for another battery to be installed. I put my truck mount's battery on that tray also. The benefit of that is, if one battery dies, it's very easy to jump the other battery off, because they're just inches away from each other.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Ken, If you are replacing the floor, think about having some sort of coating applied to it while the equipment is out. We have that done with our Butler's and it has made a world of difference in how well the flooring holds up.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Buy an extra gas tank from a salvage yard.
55B46F2B-47FA-4F78-8F9C-2D0D5CC0D24D.jpeg

Reactions: Austin Willoughby

Kxp

Name
Ken pena
I had my npr rhino lined the name of the place was called ultimate lining anyway the water found it way under through the floor under the roll up door how do you guys keep it from coming undone there

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom