boxer 421 problems

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
When I rotate the blower I can hear the lobes banging together.is the blower shot? Waldo if anybody can help me my number is 319-560-7497 its college move out time

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man it sure sounds like it.

We ran one for quite a bit of time like that before we finally pulled it. The timing was out of sync and only clanked at low speed. You might be able to nurse it thought but I would guess she's going soon.

Sorry man! :errf:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Feeler gauge the lobe clearances. If a "timing" issue either the leading or trailing edges will be tight, not both.

Pull the cover on the gear end and see if there is damage to the gears when you flex the lobes individually.

I had a beautiful 36 ruined when both gears lost a tooth....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
more than likely your in need of bearings and might as well do a complete rebuild while you are at it.

the washing machine sound is never good.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
of core do what lee said before you order any bearings and check the gears for any damage or significant wear.

Waldo's not mechanical.
he won't be rebuilding a blower...and imHo, he'd better off buying a new (or good used) one rather than rebuilding anyway

'Doh, find a good used blower (or buy new) and have it ready to go should yours crash and break.
Run that TM like you stole it and get those student rentals blasted out...if the blower fails, you're only down half a day for a blower swap

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
while you are turning it.......if they are hitting only on a certain spot then this is probably your problem...........

IMG_5902_zps0aa80951.jpg

Like Larry said..........have one ready to switch out.........or have someone who knows what they are doing sitting on the sideline with the correct parts ready to do a rebuild......
BUT........if it goes while you are running wide open cleaning carpets......you will need more then a few gears.............

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Probably is going bad, but maybe a rinse out might be in order to make sure there is not a bit of debris getting in the way.

Rinse out the blower and lube up (spray wd 40 or something similar after) , and see if this might help too.

But, I am nervous for you.....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Seems to me over the years the people who have the most problems with blowers own a tri-lobe blower.

Is this a correct assumption?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Running a blower with the lobes making contact is like driving a car with a heavy rod knock. It will run, but it's any minute away from leaving you stranded. If you decide to run it, get another ordered so you're ready to replace it when it breaks.

Seems to me over the years the people who have the most problems with blowers own a tri-lobe blower.

Is this a correct assumption?
Hasn't been for us. The Tuthill tri-lobe has been flawless.
The last blower failure we've had was with the old Roots 47. Don't know which caused which - gear failure, lobes split right in half at the shaft.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Problem on that Hydramaster , is that the blower is more than likely proprietary, a dual shaft tuthill 4005 custom made for Hydramaster.

Not easy to find locally. So you should source one very quickly and have it shipped as quick as they can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom