boy I'm glad I tossed the fresh tank idea

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Fresh tank is a nice option but it takes up space in the van, causes you to burn more fuel and is harder on the vans engine, transmission and brakes. In 40 years, I've never needed one. We have very mild winters here. I think in a colder climate, a fresh tank is a necessity.
chev 1 ton extended 6.0L weight is not a problem

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Yeah?

Where?
I’ve used freshwater tanks since the late 80s and love the freedom of not tromping through people’s bushes looking for a spigot.
My friend has a 370 with the fresh water tank seen in your first picture. I was shocked when I saw how awkwardly the tank was designed. The beauty of the 370 is it’s lack of width. That water tank in essence makes the machine far more cumbersome taking up more space than a larger truckmount. If that tank was my only option, I’d turn it down too.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
chev 1 ton extended 6.0L weight is not a problem
I didnt say that a van couldn't carry it. Use your brain though. Do you thinking adding 1,000 lbs or more burns more or less gas? Is it easier or harder to go up a steep hill? Do you stop faster or slower? It will cost you more to operate in the long run.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I made a 55 gal poly drum into my water box. If I see a spigot close by I pull my live waterhose and hookup.

If commercial most likely I am gonna hookup anyway. But any 6 roomers or less rentals I can knock out if water is off.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
After 16years of carpet cleaning, I"m glad I finally decided to get a tank. It's saved me several headaches of looking for water

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
@Mikey P I like your layout with easy access to items at the side door and the rear. Will a porty fit in the rear area?
Do you have a Short or long wheelbase?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
All I have ever run is GMC 1 Tons (6.0) with dual over the wheel well 100-110 capacity tanks for a total of 200+ gallons.
Tanks draw down equally which keeps the load balanced.
They ride like baby carriages loaded up.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
damn nice set up, that would be perfect here in the density. I didnt know the transit could handle the weight of a tm

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
damn nice set up, that would be perfect here in the density. I didnt know the transit could handle the weight of a tm

My Powerclean DXT TM takes up the whole side door opening. The hose reel exits the rear door. I have the short wheelbase.
The Transit is very roomy and has very efficient use of space.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
My Powerclean DXT TM takes up the whole side door opening. The hose reel exits the rear door. I have the short wheelbase.
The Transit is very roomy and has very efficient use of space.
wait is that a transit connect in the pics? or full size transit? I thought it was the small one

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
He’s going to beat this to death trying to convince us he’s right
I have never had a fresh tank in 40 years. Luckily, we don't have any poisonous animals around here. If I can't hook up outside, I can always hook up inside with a tap adapter. Having a fresh tank is nice but you still have to fill it somewhere and on large jobs you have to worry about running out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom