Bricks that are walked on

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How do I strip this kind of floor and what type of finish do I need to use to put down?

705F99DB-57DB-43C1-B113-3F0F365A2CD6.jpeg

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Treat like a Saltillo but that brick may be a lil softer. I would do it , min $3/ft

Blue tile grout brush on a 175 then I’d prob use a green pad if all the tops are pretty even.

Hard as nails is a good finish

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Treat like a Saltillo but that brick may be a lil softer. I would do it , min $3/ft

Blue tile grout brush on a 175 then I’d prob use a green pad if all the tops are pretty even.

Hard as nails is a good finish
What's the average life of that product (Hard as nails) before it'll need stripping again? I see that it's an acrylic based chemical

Reactions: Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Bare bones is good

Nothing stays that wet in my area. I always work small areas. So I wouldn’t saturate the whole floor plus it’s porous so it’ll absorb. Lots of multiple stripping over each area. It’s time consuming and tedious. Edges are usually all by hand same with bathroom stalls

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
What's the average life of that product (Hard as nails) before it'll need stripping again? I see that it's an acrylic based chemical

If they simply clean it properly and don’t re apply any finish on there own it’ll last many years 3-5yrs depending on foot traffic but if you maintain it with a scrub n buff they won’t need a full re strip

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And can any of you determine if it's an epoxy finish or a polyurethane? I did an acrylic test and it just made it look shinier.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, it looks more like a type of urethane finish. He told me that the installer had to wear a ventilator when he applied that finish

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Are you determined to do that job?

Ten minutes in I bet he wishes he didn't!

Even if it will scrape off the bricks(one at a time), the grout(or whatever that is) still going to look like poop.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I got an update on the size. It’s 650 sq ft. I’m assuming it’ll take 6-7hrs to strip it from the directions on those type of strippers. I told her that after it got stripped and cleaned, 24hrs after I recommended an impregnator sealer only. Not a finish for this very reason it’s being stripped.

After telling her the price, I think I scared her away from hiring me. And if I take this job, it’ll be a month or so from now

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I got an update on the size. It’s 650 sq ft. I’m assuming it’ll take 6-7hrs to strip it from the directions on those type of strippers. I told her that after it got stripped and cleaned, 24hrs after I recommended an impregnator sealer only. Not a finish for this very reason it’s being stripped.

After telling her the price, I think I scared her away from hiring me. And if I take this job, it’ll be a month or so from now

It will take a lot longer than 6-7 hours

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom