Bridgepoint direct?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I have a teleconference with them tomorrow. Has anyone used this service?
My marketing isn't real good so I'm looking forward to hearing what this is all about, but I would like to get some feed back if anyone has had success with this or if its a waste of time.

Thanks,
Nick

steve g

Name
steve garrett
White Collar said:
I have a teleconference with them tomorrow. Has anyone used this service?
My marketing isn't real good so I'm looking forward to hearing what this is all about, but I would like to get some feed back if anyone has had success with this or if its a waste of time.

Thanks,
Nick

let us know what they have to say

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am not sure how fast you can run but man run as fast as you can. Unless you want to tie up a bunch of money with no service. you paid your $5 a month you could read all the marketing stuff in the supporting members area

Chris A

Name
Chris
Its a good idea, just not very user friendly, you get kind of a hard sell too when you sign up.

breathe72

Run Forest, run...

We did the online conference with them last month.

That part was cool.

We said we wanted some time to think about it.

Then the threads on Mikeysboard came in, with reports of bad service or no service.

They will blow up your phone like there is no tomorrow, even after you say no thanks.

Worse than a car salesman.

They will call from unidentifiable numbers, and stalk you.

I wish they would take our number off their list.

We walked the housing developments and hung flyers all day instead.

My glutes are rock hard.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
breathe72 said:
They will blow up your phone like there is no tomorrow, even after you say no thanks.

Worse than a car salesman.

They will call from unidentifiable numbers, and stalk you.

d.

I am getting that too, scott W. do something!!!!!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
steve g said:
I am getting that too, scott W. do something!!!!!

Your concerns are being passed along to the company that operates BridgePointDirect.com along with our concerns. There is a limit to what I can do since this is not the same company.

Scott Warrington

TimP

I took a look at their web page for a look see. My impression was that it was over priced. I'm doing my marketing myself and it's way cheaper. Got my own post cards made up, my own door hangers, doing ads in the paper etc. I can't see spending what they ask myself.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
TimP said:
I took a look at their web page for a look see. My impression was that it was over priced. I'm doing my marketing myself and it's way cheaper. Got my own post cards made up, my own door hangers, doing ads in the paper etc. I can't see spending what they ask myself.

The cost for design services is more than do-it-yourself. But the prices per hour for design service is in line with what other professional graphic designer charge.

The price for printing is 20% to 30% less than Vista Print with is the largest on-line provider of printing services.

Not much that can be done about the cost of postage. You'll have to complain to your congressman.

Scott Warrington

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The design service is terrible. They never even processed my second order after being very very late on my first order. they refused to refund all of my money after I posted something negative online. I quote "Your post on the website complicates the situation". So you do not have the freedom to say anything negative or they will keep some of your money.

The card design they created was a joke and I had to do the whole design myself yet after taking my free postcard design they charged my credit card.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Obviously Greg is an unhappy customer. I am doing what I can to resolve that situation. But I don't intend to get into a back and forth debate on the bulletin boards.

I will say that there are (at least) two sides to every story.

Scott Warrington

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am sorry scott there are not 2 sides to this one, the fact is they never even processed my second order and you saw the crap card they tried to give me.

Not processing my order and being late on the first card cost me an additional $1,800 in marketing and I am finally getting out a mailing now after they botched my last order. The guy called me a liar until I produced the order for him.

So please do not bring yourself down by insinuating that the customer did something wrong by ordering and the order not getting processed. Here is the e-mail

I am not sure what happened to this order. It was never placed. I need to visit with Narissa about it, and she is out sick today.

Thank you!!

I also tried to order thereprogram with the web address cards just to get something out quickly and they didn't do that. I have e-mails from a couple other guys who have tried to use this product and had the same troubles I did. I went to bat for you guys in the beginning and you guys fails so don't blame me for being upset at getting SCREWED

Please tell me the otherside since your guy Justin and I agree that they did not process the order

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with them. It does sound cool but I think all the negative I've heard may push me away from it. What are other options?

To tell you what they said, 500 a month goes into an account, you spend it on post cards, flyers or newsletters or what ever you want to and they send them out for you. On top of that if you commit to 6 months they build you a web site and host it.

I like the way it sounded, simple and easy. Their printing seems reasonable, not sure if you would have great results with their copy.

I am thankful for the input. I'm going to hold off and look around.

asupremeclean

Unfortunately I am with Greg on this one.

We have the same rep and I feel like we are getting put on the back burner all the time. She seems to be out sick all the time.

You may have more success with another rep. Who knows.
I do not recommend the Smartmail (Web based postcards) due to the total lack of any brand recognition.

I thought this would be a great way to make things easier for me but it has only made me more frustrated. Perhaps they may get their crap together at a later date but obviously there are alot of holes in their program at this time.

It just seems they rushed to get this program out and get ahead of the game and now they are paying for it.

I am looking forward to see the feedback from the JonDon program.

Not sure it is fair to put Scott in the middle if there is nothing he can do about it. However if he is championing this venture he should be made aware of the good and the bad and report each.

Later

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I didn't put scott in this at all, he chose to respond by using my name in his post. I have the utmost respect for Scott and feel bad that his company is even associated with the people they partnered with. Everyone should post who they currently use for mailings etc so we can all know the options. Thanks

G

They call me literally 3 times a day trying to get me to sign up. I refuse to answer just because I want to see how long they'll keep calling and leaving the same messages. It's been over a month now.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Curt Johnson said:
They call me literally 3 times a day trying to get me to sign up. I refuse to answer just because I want to see how long they'll keep calling and leaving the same messages. It's been over a month now.

scott W, its time to take action, you guys are abusing our personal information!!!! and I don't appreciate it

dgargan

Hang in there Jon Don's comming soon

We got took on that deal as well. We were lied to up front and were told that we "had to sign up for 3 months (min. $1500) turned out not to be true. We waited almost 3 weeks for our first large postcard to go out. They promise 5-7 days. No preview on you card for a day or two (if your lucky)

You are very limited on how much you can change the postcards and if you want to use your own it's $200 each. WTF!

They have a limited number of postcards, I think 20 or less

no history on your account to track. Bad all around

I took a tour of Jon Don's new set up and they have it nailed. Thousands of postcards, use your own (no charge) change anything on any postcard and see instant preview, set up a years mailing all at once if you want. It keeps your data base and send out auto reminder if you set it up, see your history and be able to track it plus a lot more.

Couple that with the integrity of Jon Don and you can't lose.

They were set to come out a few months ago but were smart and did some bata testing and are working out the kinks before they put it out to to unsuspecting customers. Gee what a concept. The whole Bridgepoint Direct thing put a real damper on what I think of BP

David

TimP

This is what I went from based on their website.

Classic Standard Postcard Pricing (6 x 4)*
Quantity Rate
50-99 32 ¢
100-249 28 ¢
250-499 22 ¢
500-999 18 ¢
1000-1999 15 ¢
2000-2499 13 ¢
2500-4999 12 ¢
5000+ 10 ¢

* Prices do not include postage or shipping costs. All rates shown are per-piece rates.

I had 1000 post cards made and shipped to me for 50 bucks which equals 5 cents per post card on a different website. I just picked put what I wanted front and back and bingo, it has a cute picture on the front too. All I have to do is address and mail them for yearly reminders. Way cheaper.

breathe72

Wow, somebody is heavy on the delete button tonight.

My entire post on this got zapped 30 seconds after I put it up.

So I will post it again.

Whats up with that?

So the condensed version is:

Nobody threw Scott W. into this thread.

Read it and look at all the remarks about shitty service, etc.

Then look how Scott puts himself in the thread by offering non-answers, saying there are two sides to every story.

Scott Jumps in this thread and defends the Marketing Program, tries to smooth the waters by basically ignoring Greg's post. Then attempts to distance himself from the issues and problems. "its not my department" & "my hands are tied" sort of stuff.

Scott, if its not your department, then why are you sticking up for it?

What "two sides"? A guy got hosed and it is what it is.

People are lining up to share their lousy experience with this thing.

Wheres the good feedback?

Who here had a decent or even comfortable experience with these folks?

Let us know about it.

Bridgepoint Direct Mail got our attention with a sleekly designed, direct-mail marketing program, that was effective in reaching many of us.

Some of us tried it. We considered it, but I tell you what turned me off was the hard-press sales pitch and the fact that they DESPERATELY rang our phone all day, every day, after the initial conference call. Still do.

The pricing was towards the high end, but not the highest out there.

They had a shot at a good thing but pairing themselves with commission-paid telemarketers who use guerrilla sales tactics hurts their cause first and foremost.

Then, the lack of service after the point of sale, combined with word of mouth is going to be the crusher, in my opinion.

Scott, do they make you come in here and say this stuff or what? A spade is a spade.

Finally, why was this post deleted in the first place?

Shawn? Mike? whassup?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I got a call from them as well. It wasn't high pressure at all in my case. They asked if I knew about the program. I said yes, but I was going to stick with my current system.

They basically said OK, thanks & bye. That was it.

That's how I like it. Make me say no three times and you'll never get my business.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
The good new is I never was stupid enough to try it in the first place.

Talking down to everyone else is kinda pompass, don't you think - does it help you to feel a tad more superior?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I went through conference call. There was no high pressure sales put on me. The guy was very friendly, no complaints here. I told the guy I would possibly try out the newletters towards the end of March. He said he'll make a note and call me back then. So I don't know about the service but they have not harassed me.

breathe72

The fact that Marty more or less said you'd have to be "stupid" to try Bridgepoint direct, says more about Bridgepoint Direct than it does Marty.

Harryhides, you're on here alot, did you really think Marty could stay out of a thread without saying something completely worthless? lol

He's like a bad heckler.

Biggest non-contributor with the most posts, he is.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am going to have to stand up for the admiral. I am the biggest non contributor with the most posts. Marty has alot of good in what he says you just have to chip the diamonds out a little. Him and Ladwig don't want to make it too easy for you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom