Bridgepoint / Interlink Supply Home Pro By Design

LeeCory

Bridgepoint wanting us to send our customers to them to buy products directly reminded me of a very good customer I used to have.

I had a very good customer that loved the bottle of spotter from Jon Don I used to give them every time I cleaned their carpet. Actually alot of people love it. Anyway, they loved it so much they would want a couple bottles every time I was there... and they were really thrilled with it. They would even call in-between appointments to get an extra bottle and I would drop it off, or they would pick it up.

Well they seemed so impressed with it and I figured I was spending too much time supplying them with the stuff. I was actually a little bothered by it. So I thought i would do them a favor by showing them how they could buy an entire gallon of the stuff directly from Jon Don.

Now that I think of it, I've never heard from them again.

I did them such a huge favor of taking myself out of the loop and the need for them to use my services and get this product that I am no longer needed to get it.

I imagine they will eventually need me to clean their carpet again, but I without a doubt have lost out on some frequency of cleaning just to get bottles of spotter.

With this customer I did this to myself and I learned my lesson.

What is really bad is that Bridgepoint wants us to turn over all our customers to their new Home Pro By Design program. By doing this they know they will sell more products. But many carpet cleaners may not realize they may be giving away one of the reasons their customers contact them.

Think long and hard before deciding it would be easier to send your customers elsewhere for their products.... think long and hard before you take yourself out of the loop.

And Bridgepoint will make sure they don't lose that customer back to you because they will send them a monthly newsletter making sure they stay a Bridgepoint customer. And to top it off will you have complete control over the information in Bridgepoints monthly newsletter?

I'm sure most customers would continue as normal, but the very few you lose to "Do-It-Yourself" will outweigh the very little benefit you get from the program.

You decide for yourself...

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I'll never send my customers to my supplier to buy thier own cleaning supplies, Thats like cutting your own throat. Soon they'll be renting a portable from them and using the same chemicals you use to clean thier own carpet. Doesn't make any sense. :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Very legit concerns.

It would be hard to count how many jobs a year I would lose if Mrs Piftleton just new how to squirt and step on a towel correctly.

Then add the fact that BP screwed over alot of cleaners with their BPDirect that was supposed to change the marketing world for all us cleaners.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I only recommend that my custys buy spotting machines (Bissels Green Machine) for their pet and kid spills, and use the chems provided, so that they will surely call me back when those spots resoil.

Spurling

How about list all of any cleaning products you can find on the market and put it on your own website and when someone wants something you will sell it and have it shipped to the buyer from the supplier .. tadah!! or not!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
rwcarpet said:
I only recommend that my custys buy spotting machines (Bissels Green Machine) for their pet and kid spills, and use the chems provided, so that they will surely call me back when those spots resoil.

Thats exactly what I do. :)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Chris Muetterties said:
Then add the fact that BP screwed over alot of cleaners with their BPDirect that was supposed to change the marketing world for all us cleaners.

Would you seriously stop beating that dead horse into the ground. It will get dealt with in Nashville.

But to the point at hand. If and when I would have a business. There would be NO WAY I would ever let someone else send anything to my customers that I had NO CONTROL over the content being sent.

I don't doubt the products themselves are affective and would be helpful. But the concept behind the program is just all skewed, IMO. Lee and I have very similar opinions.

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
[quote="Chris Muetterties":1i228lbe]Then add the fact that BP screwed over alot of cleaners with their BPDirect that was supposed to change the marketing world for all us cleaners.

Would you seriously stop beating that dead horse into the ground. It will get dealt with in Nashville.

But to the point at hand. If and when I would have a business. There would be NO WAY I would ever let someone else send anything to my customers that I had NO CONTROL over the content being sent.

I don't doubt the products themselves are affective and would be helpful. But the concept behind the program is just all skewed, IMO. Lee and I have very similar opinions.[/quote:1i228lbe]

Hey Chimp,

When your buddys get screwed out of their hard earned cash you might feel the same way. When they get their money back I will stop posting about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom