Bridgepoint products

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Chris, I've had good success with many of their products and their service behind those products. They are my number one line because of the merits of the products, no other reason.

I do carry other lines, as I've not yet found a vendor who can have the best answer for everything.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I like there citrus spotter. I think it is fairly new

Greenie

Pembertons was around long before the Hanks boys even fantasized having a chem line, and I'm sure they will be around long after, a good distributor will stand behind anything they have on their shelf, it's all about working with good people not just people. I'd pay more for that anyday.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Are Bridgepoint products made by Prochem or are they just inhouse knockoffs?

This isn't about Pemberton's reputation.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
No, they are not Prochem's products Jimmy. I believe there may be a few products made by Prochem still, if that.

At one time, Prochem did make several of their products, as they do for other major distribution companies and franchises.

Usually the process goes like this (with anyone, not just Prochem)

1. Established manufacturer (Prochem type) is asked by young, aggressive marketing company (Bridgepoint type distributor or franchise) to private label identical products.

2. Distributor/Franchise then asks established company to make special formulations for them rather than identical private label products. Sometimes its watered down versions, more often its a different fragrance or different raw ingredient. This is done because savvy buyers start to figure out "its the same stuff".

3. Next the Distributor/Franchise asks the manufacturer to make specific products not available through the manufacturers existing distribution chain.

4. At some point, the Distributor/Franchise is big enough to acquire their own manufacturing facility or use a different formulator to make a final break with the original manufacturer. However, some specialty products that are either not "big enough movers" to make themselves, or are not easily duplicated may continue to be made under "step one" or "step two" arrangments.

So what happens, Jimmy, is that these types of companies end up selling products that might be "the same stuff" or might be "the same stuff that smells different" or might be "similar stuff made by the first guy" or might be "completely different stuff".

Its as confusing for us distributors as it is for you guys.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
While it is true that BP may not have always produced all their product offerings "in-house", what they do today is quite original and self sufficient.

When I visited the BP chemical facility at the last ILS distributor conference earlier this year, there was every indication that BP has brought most every one of their products "in-house". Without going into too much detail, the full line of chemical labels, the raw materials, and the fully operational mixing and packaging line said quite a bit. Before I visited the facility, I had doubts on a couple of products, but those doubts were completely expunged by what I saw.

BP also has their own lab, in the same facility. a full-time chemist in Tom Forsythe (no relation), and full and constant work schedule creating and improving products. I would not consider any of BP's products to be "knock-offs", but fully competitive products of similar function to those that are in contention from other companies.

Scottyg

Shawn's correct: Bridgepoint has made a huge investment in a brand-new chemical building to match the investment in their products. They are very proud of their formulations, and Tom Forsythe does extensive real-world testing on a variety of stains, against all competitive products, to ensure that their formulation is the best. I know first-hand, for example, that most of their products have more "active ingredients" than their competition. That applies to spotters (Avenge and Home Pro--they're the same), Citrus Solve, protectants, and so on. And between Tom and Scott Warrington, they not only stand behind the products, but provide expert advice on how to use their products.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Jim Pemberton said:
I do carry other lines, as I've not yet found a vendor who can have the best answer for everything.

This is so very true. Neither Bridgepoint, Prochem, nor anyone else can boast that they have "the best" line of chemicals. Every company has their forte, their specialties, and they also have their "dogs"-no exceptions.

What can can be said is that BP has one of the fullest lines, as they have tried very long and hard to compete on all the products carpet cleaners use everyday.

Scottyg

Greenie said:
Active ingredients reflect RTU concentration levels, are they really any better?

In the case of spotters, the obvious answer is "yes". And, if you're using a citrus product, you'll want to know that BP uses a higher concentration of dilimonene (food grade) and orange oil than the competition, some of which is little more than scented Odorless Mineral Spirits. And BP does pay attention to the re-constituted proportions of the chemical ingredients. Obviously, gallon/gallon, cheaper products are not always the best buy, and BP may not BE the best buy in all cases, but my point is that they do try to offer the highest quality "juice" with the best performance in each segment they compete in.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
While I'd like to buy from Jim Pemberton I have to consider the price of shipping.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Chris Muetterties said:
Will they stand behind them ?

the only time ours stood behind them was to hand them to you over the counter.....after that..you were on your own..

Back in my stupid days when I got my things there they were not rotating there stock to well and was handing out separated....broken seal....crusty chemicals that were broken down and had lost there effectiveness. and would not replace them...

Greenie

Scottyg said:
Greenie said:
Active ingredients reflect RTU concentration levels, are they really any better?

In the case of spotters, the obvious answer is "yes". And, if you're using a citrus product, you'll want to know that BP uses a higher concentration of dilimonene (food grade) and orange oil than the competition, some of which is little more than scented Odorless Mineral Spirits. And BP does pay attention to the re-constituted proportions of the chemical ingredients. Obviously, gallon/gallon, cheaper products are not always the best buy, and BP may not BE the best buy in all cases, but my point is that they do try to offer the highest quality "juice" with the best performance in each segment they compete in.

Welcome to Mikeys.

How long have you been doing this?

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I use several BP products that I picked up thru Jim, He or they have never steered me wrong!!
I can say Jim also stands behind his products as he has with me!!

G

Their way OVER PRICED! I can tell a difference when I use their products I have to use a lot of elbow grease! with their stuff. I realy dont buy from them. Maybe I will let them start doing my marketing for me!!!!!!!! Everyone learned from that experince!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Scottg does bridgepoint relabel any of their products now?
If so if I bought one and it was a bad batch what should I do?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
ScottG very limited info in your profile.

Step up to the plate and "Reveal" who you are.

Fill out your profile completely.

Scottyg

Greg,
I think they still re-label the powdered cleansers, but the reducers and other products are packaged at the BP facility. Regardless, they stand behind everything. If you are not happy with a product (chemical, machine, accessory; anything they sell), and your local Interlink or Hydro-Force distributor doesn't do anything for you, then call the Interlink or H-F toll-free customer service number and bitch. They will replace the product and ship it to your doorstep.

If someone is using more "elbow grease" when using BP products, then I would suspect they're using the wrong product. They have a variety of products in each line (pre-sprays, hard surface, etc.), and some work better than others. Scott Warrington (or Tom Forsythe) can tell you exactly which product you need if your distributor is not helpful.

Sorry about the profile. I ran the manufacturing and chemical divisions for them until a year ago. I'm back in aerospace, but the cleaning thing got into my blood. Kinda weird to still be posting...oh well.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
ODIN said:
what about the bridgepoint product post cards? Bridegpoint direct??????????????

seems to be water under the bridge now days

not buying anything bridgepoint til they refund carpets cleaners off from that scam

T

Are they still being dingbats about that?

They have a banner at T M F now

Scottyg

Terje,
I don't know about the marketing deal. They began that after I left a year ago.

Greenie

Scotty how long did you work at BP? How did you get into this field, are you a chemist by trade?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom