Bridgepoint's EncapuGuard???

S

steamclean

Has anyone tried this post treatment after cleaning commercial carpeting that wicks back?

Thanks

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use it on residential carpet a lot. Does it work? I'm not 100% sure. I do know it leaves the carpets softer and I like the fact that it will encapsulate remaining residues. It also gives me a marketing advantage because it gives a quick extra value step.

Your question for commercial wicking problems, I don't think it will help. On most commercial carpets I use a low moisture cleaning because of the exact problem you describe.

If you must hwe commercial carpet, you must get it very dry, use less pressure and faster strokes to minimize saturating the carpet. It is nearly impossible to flush very tight commercial carpet and the the soil that remains at the base of the fiber will wick up if it gets too wet.

Another suggestion if your having wicking issues on commercial carpet is to vacuum aggressively. Most commercial facilities don't vacuum near as well as they should.

K P

Sounds like a copy of CTIs ARA.If you have a 175 or comparable,I would run a bonnet with an encap on those ones that wick easily,I do it on all my commercial just so I do not have the problem.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Think about it, at 4-8 oz per gallon and spread out over an area of 500-1000 sq ft there isn't enough polymer to encapsulate anything.

So if you are doing a post bonnet cleaning the bonnet is what is drying the carpet so there is no wickback.

I will post bonnet with a encap/SHAMPOO just to remove more soiling but not to prevent wickback.
The wick back from HWE is due to bad wand techinique and over wetting.

To further prevent wick back from HWE use fans to dry it faster.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The wick back from HWE is due to bad wand techinique

and there's plenty of that in this biz

why else do you think pixie dust juices get used??

..L.T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Bridgepoint's Encapuguard Green does work similar to CTI's ARA. Encapuguard is more concentrated. It can be diluted 1:8 rathr than used straight. So a gallon of Encapuguard Green will cover many more sq. ft.

Encapuguard neutralizes alkaline residue and this reduces resoiling.

The polymers encapsulated soil to prevent any soil left after extraction from wicking back.

Encapugaurd Green also acts as a protector. It is not a flourochemical protector, but still resists liquid and dry soil.

For any who are curious and want to try it out, we always offer a 100% money back guarantee when you use a Bridgepoint product and decide it does not suit your needs.

K P

Erskine Allin said:
The wick back from HWE is due to bad wand techinique

and there's plenty of that in this biz

why else do you think pixie dust juices get used??

..L.T.A.

Ya,thats it :shock: .I did a nasty car dealership with a freind of mine(his account)and he had never used pixie dust.So we started cleaning this crap using the Jeemy L. verified wand technic and it just didnt look very good.So I tell him to pull out his floor machine and bonnets and have him follow behind my cleaning,Voila! much better,then he says to me,"we would have been here longer and the carpet would have looked worse if we would have just wanded it".So,there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So you agree that to remove more soiling you can do a post bonnet cleaning .

But to use a encap/SHAMPOO to prevent wick back is only covering up BAD WAND TECHNIQUE.

Blasting a commercial with high flow and psi contributes to OVER WETTING.

I think one class I took years ago said to only use 250 psi on commercial to prevent wickback and over wetting.

K P

The bonnet picks up some soil and some moisture,but the encap will help pick up or smear(I dont care, it is a visual thing)more soil.It is an appearence thing and it just looks better sometimes with 2 processes.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Kev, are you one of the cleaners that blows stupid PSI with fire hose flow jetting?
oh yea, and the scrub goes BEFORE the rinse

and yes, 97.83% of wicking is operator error ..period

..l.T.A.

K P

Come on Larry,throw away the brick phone and the vinyals,it is is time for a little change.

I turn down my psi on commercial.You watch MNF?they got a segment for you.."Come on Man" shiteatinggrin

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You must be a fool to think there is enough polymer that is spread out that would encapsulate anything never mind wick back. Take 8 oz of the fancy shampoo concentrate and let it dry. How much plastic is actually left?
A couple tablespoons if that? It is the scampoo makers who want it to be your fantasy to think it does anything.At $40 plus a gallon they are finding the gullible to buy into it.

Operator error on wickbacks.......

K P

Come on Jimmy,I get Clausen for 15.00 a gal and I didnt say it was necessary every time.This aint my first rodeo.I have learned to do what works for me not what someone says should work.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The miracle of the ever expanding, encapsulating polymer that fights alkalinity, wick backs, dirt and crime is a religious experience.

It brings to mind the virgin birth theories and a strong longing for three wise men.

Does the venerable Mr. Blunt happen to be one of them?

K P

Ofer Kolton said:
The miracle of the ever expanding, encapsulating polymer that fights alkalinity, wick backs, dirt and crime is a religious experience.

It brings to mind the virgin birth theories and a strong longing for three wise men.

Does the venerable Mr. Blunt happen to be one of them?

Lets not go there Ofer :shock: I am sure you have endured more than most.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Erskine Allin said:

could you expand on that, Scot?

can you tell me how PH alone has ANYTHING to do with resoiling??

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Larry, I assume you really want information and not just a debate.

When cleaning commercial carpet using HWE, it is common to follow an alkaline (sometimes highly alkaline) prespray with an alkaline emulsifier in the rinse step.

My statement was not that pH alone was responsible for resoiling, but rather alkaline residue. If there is a cleaning agent left on the floor, it continues to fulfill its intended purpose of cleaning by emulsifying soils. Whenever someone walks across the carpet with dirty shoes, the detergent residues left behind work to clean some of that soiling off the bottom of the shoe and leave it on the carpet.

By neutralizing the pH of that alkaline detergent residue it is no longer such an effective cleaner and does not contribute or does not contribute as much to resoiling.

This process of neutralizing the alkalinity of any detergent residue that may be present is not the chief purpose of Encapugaurd. Encapsulation of any remaining soil is the #1 benefit. But you get some extra as well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
scottw said:
Erskine Allin said:

could you expand on that, Scot?

can you tell me how PH alone has ANYTHING to do with resoiling??

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Larry, I assume you really want information and not just a debate.

When cleaning commercial carpet using HWE, it is common to follow an alkaline (sometimes highly alkaline) prespray with an alkaline emulsifier in the rinse step.

My statement was not that pH alone was responsible for resoiling, but rather alkaline residue. If there is a cleaning agent left on the floor, it continues to fulfill its intended purpose of cleaning by emulsifying soils. Whenever someone walks across the carpet with dirty shoes, the detergent residues left behind work to clean some of that soiling off the bottom of the shoe and leave it on the carpet.

By neutralizing the pH of that alkaline detergent residue it is no longer such an effective cleaner and does not contribute or does not contribute as much to resoiling.

This process of neutralizing the alkalinity of any detergent residue that may be present is not the chief purpose of Encapugaurd. Encapsulation of any remaining soil is the #1 benefit. But you get some extra as well.

thanks Scot and no I'm not trying to debate...I'm actually trying to get square answers from peeps I trust ..and you happen to be one of those peeps I trust
and congrats, cause that is the FIRST explanation I've ever heard that actually makes sense .

please go further .

cause if I understand, it really has little or nothing to do with the PH, but rather the "detergentcy" (for lack of a better/proper term for cleaning efficacy) and neutralizing the "cleanability" of the chem used is really the object...is that correct??

and if so....

could one conclude that the acid side rinses that boast "cleanabilty" are no better or worse than quality alkaline emulsifiers ??

and lastly, most (many anyway) know that citric acid residue left on a carpet is a re-soil magnet.
So could one conclude that many of the citric acid based rinses (which are most of 'em as I understand) while lowering PH, may also contribute just as much to re-soil as a quality emulsifier ?

Thanks

..l.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'll second what Larry says, Scott.
Anybody that has been long enough on this board knows that you are one of the very few manufacturer's reps that we actually trust. (Not the owners of your company, I don't think they enjoy the same status here.)

However, that answer from my everyday experience, does not make much sense.
I've used Dry Slurry, Soap Free, Procyon, Chemspec's Formulas and a many other fine products through the years. None of them had any re-soiling issues, due to the left over detergents or any other issues. They worked just fine.

My tests, quite a few in my home, showed no difference in re-soiling between just alkaline cleaning or an alkaline cleaning neutralized with an acid rinse. No difference whatsoever. Now we are not talking crazy alkaline here, your regular run of the mill 9.5-10 ph.

And the explanation behind the encap polymer does not make much sense either. Now I know that as manufacturer's rep, your job is not to fight the market place and god bless.

Just that some of us calcified folks here, like some of the explanations to make sense and the facts to be aligned with the explanation.

We're just funny that way :p

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I enter a reply to this yesterday, but it has disappeared into cyber space. My responses are in blue following your questions, Larry.

This process of neutralizing the alkalinity of any detergent residue that may be present is not the chief purpose of Encapugaurd. Encapsulation of any remaining soil is the #1 benefit. But you get some extra as well.[/quote]

thanks Scot and no I'm not trying to debate...I'm actually trying to get square answers from peeps I trust ..and you happen to be one of those peeps I trust
and congrats, cause that is the FIRST explanation I've ever heard that actually makes sense .

please go further .

cause if I understand, it really has little or nothing to do with the PH, but rather the "detergentcy" (for lack of a better/proper term for cleaning efficacy) and neutralizing the "cleanability" of the chem used is really the object...is that correct??
There are several processes by which a cleaning agent may remove or loosen soil. Alkalinity is very helpful for oily or greasy soils. Other soils may be removed by other means. So when alkalinity is neutralized, whatever is left won't be as effective at cleaning oils, but may still react with other types of soil.

In short pH is part of the equation but not the entire answer of how any product cleans.

and if so....

could one conclude that the acid side rinses that boast "cleanabilty" are no better or worse than quality alkaline emulsifiers ??

An acid side rinse / emulsifier helps to neutralize alkaline residues as previsously covered. Detergents are often easier to rinse in a neutral state, so it may also aid in removing residue when used in the rinse. Acids (like Encapuguard Green that started this discussion) that are applied by spraying after the rinse still neutralize the alkalinity but they do not have any effect on the rinse because the rinse has already happened.

Acid side product may offer other benefits. If there is less residue, the fibers may feel softer. Fibers being in an acid state improves the performance of some (not all) carpet protectors.

and lastly, most (many anyway) know that citric acid residue left on a carpet is a re-soil magnet.
So could one conclude that many of the citric acid based rinses (which are most of 'em as I understand) while lowering PH, may also contribute just as much to re-soil as a quality emulsifier ?
There are a lot of variables here. Each product has a different mix of ingredients or raw materials and different amounts of citric or other type of acids. Alkaline residue will attract oils as discussed above. Citric acid tends to attract moisture and thus water carried soils. So the difference in how helpful or harmful a residue is to resoiling can depend upon what kind of soils may be tracked across the carpet after cleaning.

With the wide variety of products and conditions, I don't think any broad testing has been done to give a complete answer. The only testing I know of is testing specific products in a lab setting. So, it may or may not reflect real world conditions for any particular cleaner.

When discussing rinse products, it should also be remembered that most of the folks reading this board are in the top tier of cleaners. Most or all of you give careful attention to proper rinsing techniques. But the fact is that not everyone does. So, a cleaning technician who rinses carefully may see no difference when using product that is formulated to leave less residue for the average cleaner. He had no issue with product A and still has no issue when he tries product B. But no necessarily true for all other carpet cleaners.

Thanks

..l.T.A.[/quote]

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Kevin I recognize that SHAMPOO is a method and not that new age name eNCAPSuLAtIoN.

And I use the method and I buy my shampoo local avoiding all internet cult suppliers.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My med of choice is EX-LAX use it and it will set you FREE Derek.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I don't know what all the nonsense was about but glad that it brought a Bridgepoint thread back to the top. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom