Brief History of Seal-A-Door

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm sure you didn't get it right the first time.!?

show us the evolution to perfection with pics if you have 'em. what were some of the challenges or obstacles you had to overcome? what other products do you make?

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
I'm sure you didn't get it right the first time.!?

show us the evolution to perfection with pics if you have 'em. what were some of the challenges or obstacles you had to overcome? what other products do you make?
Good morning Papa John....you are correct sir! The "dream" occurred in 1995 as I was doing floor care, and a bunch of other stuff, just trying to survive and feed my family. The first "proto-type" wasn't created until 2010; the first "sold" unit happened in June of 2011. The product has continued to improve...even today (literally)...as we receive feedback from our users. Todays product is a lot different than it was when first introduced....and it's light years ahead of our first conceptualization! Still far from perfect...the evolution continues! Our core business primarily addressed items needed by the electrical utility industry (and their OEM suppliers); also, municipal and volunteer fire department canvas product needs. www.sealcanvas.com (described at a "wretched" web site....self-constructed) tells you a bit about our business. Major obstacle for Seal-A-Door was getting people to try it..."My techs aren't going to take the time to put that contraption in place...and the customers don't need it. And if they want something, we have that blue door drape thing in our truck."...paraphrase..."now get outta my hair kid"....lol.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ron
Seal-A-Door is amazingly simple to setup and yet effectively solves and problem that we've struggled with for decades. The Seal-A-Door makes the old "Door Guards" antiquated both in setup, function and effectiveness. Thanks for making such a nice product for us! :cool:

I've cut up my old Door Guards and gave them to my dog for pillows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom