BrOke Dick Quiz

four or 4?

• Four $100 jobs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Borke Dick Quiz

For me a $100 job is going to take an hour to an hour and a half with drive time, introductions/small talk, set up break down etc.

So at the very least those 4 $100 jobs add up to five hours, more likely six. Dual wanding/V wont help unless their all next door neighbors.

One $400 job take two hours+/- leaving me six to seven more hours that day to do more jobs.

I think Terri slept through his small business class at the Podunk Community Adult Learning Center

Farenheit251

I can get 20 $100 jobs or 1-2 $400 jobs in a week/

2 x $400 = $800
20 x $100 = $2000

Of course $100 is the minimum I want to go out for,kind of a better than sitting home job, not an average ticket for the week.

Those dummies at Mcdonalds can't make money on a $1 cheseburger. Their marketing people must have went to the same podunk biz school as Terry.

F

FB7777

kind of a no-brainer to which is more profitable out of those 2 options

I'm more of a $225 avg job ticket 3-5 jobs per truck company

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I'd be happy with both.
BUT....from the regulars, I'd MUCH prefer the $400 ticket

However, I can dig what Odie is saying.
If they're brand new first time custys, I think 4 one hunnert buck jobs has potentially more value than one 4 hun'rt.

bee-cuzz...It gets you in the door to strut your stuff and make cheerleaders out of 4 peeps instead of just one.
(potentially more referrals)
also, If they love you and your work, the next order they book in 6 months to a year, might be 4, $400 hunnert bone jobs.

AND....how many times has what started out as minimum orders, turned into much larger orders?
Either that day, or the following week/month when you sold her on polishing the urinal or rubbing out scratches on stainless with an S-O-S pad and oxyclean...

see what I'm sayin'?

..L.T.A.

LeeCory

During the summer when I have more employees either would be fine with me....

cause I would be home playing with my Wii

R

rotovacguy

At this point, I'd be happy with either one. :D

But if given the choice, I'll take the single $400 job, simply because from my experience the "bottom feeders" have no loyalty, they will drop your ass in the blink of an eye to save a few bucks. Price shoppers are a dime a dozen. Yeah, you might get 4 referrals, but as a $100 cleaner.

Honestly, i don't have too many $400+ custy's around these parts, but they are out there, and once you get in good with them by doing kick ass work, you have a lifelong custy. And the more services you offer, the more they will call you, and they WON'T haggle about the price. They know it will get done right, and that comes with a price.

Less set up and tear down, less hours on the equipment and my body, less gas and mileage going to and from. If you live in an area with lots of upper class households, to me, it's a no brainer. In a perfect world, that would be the case for each and every one of us, however, the majority of us (me included) don't have endless amounts of big spenders within a reasonable distance to travel.

Mikey P

Administrator

all great points of view.

Certainly a single trucker would choose the $400 while the Number Nazis would chose the $100 in most markets.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

rotovacguy said:
At this point, I'd be happy with either one. :D

But if given the choice, I'll take the single $400 job, simply because from my experience the "bottom feeders" have no loyalty, they will drop your ass in the blink of an eye to save a few bucks. Price shoppers are a dime a dozen. Yeah, you might get 4 referrals, but as a $100 cleaner.

given a choice, I'd much rather do a large order too.

However, a $100 or minimum order isn't necessarily a "bottom feeder".
Often times, they're folks that have tried other CCers and have been less than thrilled.
So they're a bit apprehensive about scheduling JoeBlow Super Sucker to clean the whole house.
So, they'll try you out for just the living rm/dinning rm combo plate

and it's always been my contention, that if you can make a profit (even a razor thin profit) that's better than NO profit.
cause you're actually losing money (or is that loosing, Jimmy?) when the van sits in the drive.
cause you still have expenses,
at minimum you have Ins to pay .
if you don't own your equipment you have a lease/finance payment that's due every month.
You're going in the hole when the van sits idle.

You're also out there keeping the wheels turning and building contacts.
So even at razor thin profit margins, it's always worth while..... in my NOT so expert opinion

In a perfect world, we'd all be cherry pickers and stay busy doing $100 a room whole house easy gigs.
But that ain't reality

..L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

I think it depends on how many referrals will possibly come from that one $400.00 job versus the amount of people that could be coming from the four different referral sources.
It might make more money in the long run for me if I have four custys spreading the word instead of one. Not to mention the money I could save by not spending on ads for those referrals.

Just I thought,

Zee

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

OK sorry guys.... I missed Larry's post.. He is saying exactly the same thing that I was.

Zee

DavidVB

I'd rather have the 400 dollar job because we can do 2 of them a day. There is no way we can hit 6 or 7 jobs a day. It takes too long to get around in our traffic.

The 100.00 specials have to be a way to get in the door and then sell other services to make a profit. Too much time in traffic, too much time setting up, dealing with the customer, etc. We let people know what we do, but I don't like going into a home feeling I have to upsell aggressively to make a profit. I hate when others do it to me and so we don't do it to others.

If I'm doing a 100.00 job (which I hate), I want to get 150.00 from people who are willing to pay more to have us, doubling my profit so I only have to do half as many jobs to make the same money.

Making 500 a day is fine if you are solo and will be doing that 5 days a week and 50 weeks a year. That 125,000.00 gross which should provide a decent take home. If you ever want to have anyone working for you, it isn't nearly enough and eventually we all get older.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

The $100 dollar jobs expose you to more potential future customers from referrals.

Walt

BrianE said:
Those dummies at Mcdonalds can't make money on a $1 cheseburger. Their marketing people must have went to the same podunk biz school as Terry.

They're making a fortune - one of the few restaurants profitable during the recession. They get you there on the $1 double cheeseburger but know that you are going to get a regular priced soda and fries. Plus if you are like me, you are now there 3 times a week. I used to never go. Now I have to have a double mc cheese, a hot fudge sunday and a large drink.

It's not a bad business model. It's one that perfectionists are going to have a hard time competing in. Personally it wouldn't work for me.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I do 3-4 jobs a day and average around $160 a job. Some days like tomorrow I have a small boat and then a large group home. I will be wiped after the group home tons of furniture and many many rooms.

I would rather do 3 regular houses and a couple sofas instead of this group home for the same money.

It is nice to get a little break between jobs.

Ernie G

I have no problem with what other carpet cln. co. charge, they know what there products and service is worth. The main thing is to do a great job and make a good profit, and to be able to sleep at night and look at yourself in the mirror in the morning. To answer the question, the 400.00 job makes alot more sense for my busn. As for getting more referrals with 4-100.00 dollar jobs, I don't want those kinds of referrals, I want the 400.00 ones.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Gee in this day and time alot of people are NOT cleaning their whole house ($400) but instead are doing the main living areas only.

So occasionally you will be doing a whole house but in reality you are more likely doing the smaller jobs.

The $100 jobs will give you more face time and open up your schedule for their neighbors or friends.

DavidVB

Personally, I don't want to work for people who will give me 100.00 referrals. I was told years ago that I can't work for people like me.

If you live around a large enough city, there are plenty of homes where just cleaning half of their house can be 4 - 500.00.

What I see impacting that though is the amount of hard floor these nice homes are going with, which is why my focus this year is rug cleaning.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh MY , David , have you looked in the mirror lately?

Hollywood arrogance or is it just lowly carpet cleaner syndrone?

Mike Draper

Walrus said:
The $100 dollar jobs expose you to more potential future customers from referrals.

Blah blah blah, birds of a feather flock together. I've learned if you clean for 1 wealthy person and do a great job, you'll start cleaning for all her wealthy friends to. Any cleaner should and would want to work for more than for less, and saying you will certainly get referrals form the 4 100 dollar jobs is just an ASSumption. You don't know this for a fact, just as you don't know that the $400.00 job won't produce 10 referrals.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I love it.

not that I care what anyone charges, just kind of curious how many of the "stay at home for less than $X amount" dudes have wives with good jobs and bennies... :roll:

more than a few I'd bet...

..L.T.A.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
The $400 jobs DO give better quality referrals, no doubt. You're also more likely to get commercial work referred from these home owners. The challenge is finding enough of the $400 jobs to say "I'm a $400 cleaner". I guess it takes time to build. In the meantime there's no way I'm staying home when I could be out doing 4 $100 jobs in a day. And my wife earns more than a lot of cc'ers :)

The big ones keep building with time though.

Rex Tyus

meAt said:
I love it.

not that I care what anyone charges, just kind of curious how many of the "stay at home for less than $X amount" dudes have wives with good jobs and bennies... :roll:

more than a few I'd bet...

..L.T.A.

Dude, I have a wife with a good job and bennies and I will still haul ass out the door for anything above variable expenses right now. :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
$1100 a month payment is not that hard to come by Curtis

Especially when my mom is such a sound sleeper she has no idea I'm hitting up her wallet to make it.

Mikey P said:
$1100 a month payment is not that hard to come by Curtis

Especially when my mom is such a sound sleeper she has no idea I'm hitting up her wallet to make it.

Stealing her SS check is a federal crime.

Mikey P

Administrator
Between the manic depression, the obesity, the water retention and diabetes control pills she cant keep track of just how much allowance I get .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom