four or 4?

• Four $100 jobs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh... I have yet to land a $400 dollar res job....

most of mine are in the $150-$200 range..

now commerical work, i do Avg of $500 easy...this includes strip and waxing T&G etc...

sooooo hummmmm

dunno

DevilDog

Keeping on track with what the ORIGINAL poll question was it is obvious that the $400 job is what you want. That is not to say that four $100 jobs a day would be bad....most of you (including me) would love to have that right about now.

There are a lot of ways to be successful...when I was kicking ass we focused really hard on getting quality jobs. I hated chasing small jobs all over the place. I would much rather have ONE $400 job and ONE setup and tear down and ONE driving to the job than four setup and tear downs and driving to four places.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it is spring time everyone should be busy enough to turn away work or work gulp looong hours

Name
Kevin McCreary
I would rather do 4 $400 jobs and work 10 hour days 5 days a week.
In the real world I will take them any way they come in. Normally
I do 1 300-500 dollar job a day and 2 or three 150-250 jobs.

Hell yeah to the 400 dollar job. I have noticed that any post or thread about pricing gets a lot of response and brings about some heated debates. Most guys have no clue how to charge or they get defensive over their pricing strategies. The truth is there is no right or wrong way to charge for cleaning carpet. It all depends on your lifestyle and personal choices. If you want to make good money and have time off to travel and do whatever, then you need to keep your overhead insanely low and make a good profit. If you like being super busy so you can brag how many jobs you are doing and working 6 days a week, then by all means be a 100 dollar whore. I would much rather do three 400 dollar jobs in a WEEK with no advertising expenses than do 12 100 dollar jobs with yp ads etc. I like to go to the lake and travel. I never had time to do that before untill I cut my expenses to the bone. Now I work when I want to, make decent money, and live my life stress free.

As far as doing 3 rooms and a hall for a 100 dollars, it just depends on the customer. If the customer is cute, she is definetly getting a deal. Maybe even a free cleaning. I have done a few of those in the past for certain customers, and I am sure I am not the only cleaner to do it.

Greenie

$400 (or much much better) custies and their friends tend to only work from referrals, and $100 custies tend to clip coupons or respond to TV advertising, really are two different markets. Truth is, I don't know that you want a bunch of $100 referrals, you might have to add the $100 PITA fee and make them $200 referrals, then it all works out. :)

Able 1

Name
Keith
I ran a winter special this year 2 rooms and a hall for 65.00, 4 rooms and a hall 110.00, just to boost my first 1/4 sales(it worked BTW).. Dirt cheap I know but I had a landlord call for the 2 room deal I told her I could be there in about 2 hours. The job went great and I shot the breeze with her for about 20 mins. She told me that she was going to refer me to all her friends.. A week later I got a call from one of her friends and scored a 650.00 carpet and upholestry job cash(only so I didn't have to wait for the check to clear :wink: ) 8)

DavidVB

Be careful Greenie. You are disagreeing with Mr Ladwig and he might try and make you look in the mirror.

Maybe you're better looking than I am.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom