Broom straw ... a Southern thing?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Do you guy's run into broom straw on some of your jobs? I hate it! Why in the world do people SWEEP their carpets with a broom?

It stops up the vacuum cleaner and drives me nuts!

I tell them not to vacuum; that I will do it. So, they don't vacuum. They dig out the broom and sweep. :?

STEVEC

Most of the time it is in apartments, move outs, that were occupied by people from South of the boarder. They don't and probably will never own a vacuum. The same jobs that have broom straw usually have iron burns on the carpet too.

Steve

Rex Tyus

Must be a southern thing. I see it quite frequent. Pisses me off as well. Runs all markets. Not just low income here.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
Brooms?

Yeah, they're still around.

Stoopie.

STRAW..brooms ............the one I see now a days is all plastic........

but we move more with the times then you.......we have electricity and indoor plumbing also.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Richard C. said:
Gezz they sweep the carpet with a broom????

That's a new one! :shock:

It's because dirt floors fill the bags to fast................

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just another interesting cleaning post from my favorite guru....Marty.

TimP

I can't say I've noticed the problem with broom straw. Maybe I haven't been paying attention or maybe my vac don't have the problem. But I'd have to say I'm in a rural redneck area as any. I'll keep my eyes peeled looking out for it though. I have noticed pine straw before from time to time, maybe I just haven't realized what I've been seeing.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I'm ashamed to say that I went to pick up a girl I was dating years ago and she was sweeping her carpet when I got there. That is the only time I've seen it. I'm not sure what the deal was, they had money so I know they could afford a vacuum. :?

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Actually that is an old Indian heritage . One time I did a carpet job . Woman swept up with 1 of them. Another just recently did a job for an American woman and an Indian husband. Dr's both of them he was the nicest guy. They had one in the hall. This brought back memories considering it was about 20 years ago.

The Preacher

i know an old man (probably in his late 80's now) who would "sweep" the dirt around the outside his house so he would know if someone was sneaking in to "see" his young wife. she was like 18 and he was in his late 30's.

my uncle was a friend of his and while they cooked cane syrup he would tell his stories about how he knew what was going on while he was gone off working by sweeping the dirt. maybe it's some of his off spring???

i see it mostly in black folks homes and apts!

Scott

you guys ain't seen nuttin' until you've met the guy who "vacuums" with duct tape.

Scott

Rex Tyus

can't say I've noticed the problem with broom straw. Maybe I haven't been paying attention or maybe my vac don't have the problem. But I'd have to say I'm in a rural redneck area as any. I'll keep my eyes peeled looking out for it though. I have noticed pine straw before from time to time, maybe I just haven't realized what I've been seeing.

That is just it Tim, your area is so redneck they don't even worry about sweeping it much less vacuuming. :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey, I wasn't making fun of you, you can't help if you're an ass backwards, backwoods doofus.

Not to worry, everyone here still likes you........well not everyone......but almost as many as you think like you........at least tolerate you. :p

:wink:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have seen the whole sweeping of the carpet with a broom thing. i clean alot of apartments and honestly i see it 30% of the time. pitty people cant afford my high proformance bissle from wally. its real expensive like $40.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom