Browning Problem

bmas

I have a customer with off white carpet, I have cleaned it twice and each time some brown spots come back. I used an acid rinse each time and the same results. The spots come back in the same place. The rest of the carpets in the house came out great. She say's this never happened with the last cleaner but I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Bmas

Mike Draper

Re: Browing Poblem

maybe when you leave she dumps soy sauce on the carpet so you can come back and visit her. Maybe she likes you. :oops:

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy

Are they square in shape, or are there any mats or objects placed there normally?

Sorry, didn't read properly. Does sound like wicking if the colour went away when you first cleaned.

hogjowl

Idiot™

I would hazard to guess that you are experiencing a wicking problem. If that is the case, then you have two options that I can think of.

1) Flood the spots and water claw them. Then put a fan on them to dry.

2) Clean as usual, making sure you rinse well, and then put a poltice on the spots.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers

Were the spot there when you extracted and were they gone. You can speed dry it with a bonnet. If this does not work you could use a acid rince as well and speed dry with a bonnet. Fans are a must let dry before you leave. Martys suggestion is good also.

TimP

Sounds like whicking to me. Although I had some red on a white carpet that went a way with cleaning. I went to get it out and I couldn't find it. I went back a few days later and it was there again. So it could be coffee. It's really hard to tell what it is without looking at it though.

DevilDog

God...this is NOT a browning issue!! This is a wicking issue! Why the hell can't cleaners figure out the difference between the two?

Do as mentioned above.

DevilDog

Mikey P

Administrator
First question I would ask is, how long does it take for the spots to wick up/reappear?

Downstairs-Claw em.
Upstairs- Poultice em.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
End Zone is an acid rinse with encap technology to prevent wicking. I would try that. I've used it with some success...sucks as a cleaner but is good for wicking on white carpet.

John Watson

Lee, they said Poultice, same stuff, Im sorrry he didn't say it in Cananidian!!

Have fun my friend from Canadia

Spurling

Ive layed a wet wrung out white terry towel on the area after extracting .. and as it dried overnight .. the towel had the brown stain and the white carpet looked great.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good grief ... I am not aware of any wonder product that will combat this. May be if you perv's would stick to the basics, this dude might be encouraged to follow the right steps to actually SOLVE his problem.

RickL

Had the exact same problem. Went back and cleaned with encap still came back after 3 or 4 days. Did what Marty said above and it solved the problemn.
But mine had been there previous to my cleaning and other cleaners hadn't gotten it.
It did go away both times but wicked back.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

admiralclean said:
I would hazard to guess that you are experiencing a wicking problem. If that is the case, then you have two options that I can think of.

1) Flood the spots and water claw them. Then put a fan on them to dry.

2) Clean as usual, making sure you rinse well, and then put a poltice on the spots.

I must agree with Marty on this. It is a wicking problem, not a browning issue.

There is a third remedy - After cleaning, spray apply an encap anti-wicking product such as Encapuguard. I've seen it work wonders on those kind of spills.

Scott Warrington

tim

Good suggestions. If it didnt wick back with previous cleaners, I would guess spill is new or you are getting carpet too wet too long. Waterclaw with lots of rinsing will work, I would run water until clear and claw with a spot claw thoroughly. then leave a white absorbant towel folded a few times with a weight on it, let any possible residue wick into the towel. If you dont want to do this, use encap like releasit at a 1 to 3 dilution and treat the spot, speed dry. Wick back cant occur on dry carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom