Browning

My supplier says I did everything correctly, and that the spots that came back are the result of browning from tannin. He said the spill has been flushed and re-cleaning will not improve the situation. He says there is a ph imbalance and that I need to apply a browning remover (prochem yellow rx) to the spots. He said try this first. If that doesn't work, go ahead with the encap product. This makes more sense to me.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: Browing

danielc said:
My supplier says I did everything correctly, and that the spots that came back are the result of browning from tannin. He said the spill has been flushed and re-cleaning will not improve the situation. He says there is a ph imbalance and that I need to apply a browning remover (prochem yellow rx) to the spots. He said try this first. If that doesn't work, go ahead with the encap product. This makes more sense to me.

You might want to try some TWEEZER'S first.... :roll:

"Browing" can be a mAinTainCe ISSUE... :oops:

However....brow"N"ing...can be handled wit a lil SP or HP... !gotcha!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

HARPER said:
danielc said:

You might want to try some TWEEZER'S first.... :roll:

"Browing" can be a mAinTainCe ISSUE... :oops:

However....brow"N"ing...can be handled wit a lil SP or HP... !gotcha!

LOL

Harry Myers said:
Is it a cotton carpet or a jute backed material. Or is it synthetic carpet just wicking up.

Synthetic cgd.

Looks like drink spills wicking to me. They told me I could clean till I am blue in the face and the spots will keep coming back unless ph shift is fixed.

It can't hurt to mist some yellow rx and see what happens.

If that doesn't fix it, I have some ecnap solution to take care of it if it is wicking.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

danielc said:
Harry Myers said:
Is it a cotton carpet or a jute backed material. Or is it synthetic carpet just wicking up.

Synthetic cgd.
They told me I could clean till I am blue in the face and the spots will keep coming back unless ph shift is fixed.

"coming back"???

are these recurring spots?
as in they're gone after cleaning only to reappear weeks later??
or are they always there after the cleaning?

.L.T.A.

meAt said:
danielc said:
Harry Myers said:

Synthetic cgd.
They told me I could clean till I am blue in the face and the spots will keep coming back unless ph shift is fixed.

"coming back"???

are these recurring spots?
as in they're gone after cleaning only to reappear weeks later??
or are they always there after the cleaning?

.L.T.A.

They all came back two days later. I couldn't believe that many spills would wick back.

Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean is garbage.

I don't want to resort to lmc only, but it looks like certain areas will need a combination.

Next time I am going to try the encap punch as a prespray/rinse. I'm eager to see how it works.

One more thing the carpet was spotless the next day. Everything looked great.

The next day the spots slowly but surely came back.

Walt

Your retailer is probably making this harder than it is.

If it were me I'd take some encap juice and boost it with some peroxide or use some peroxcellent by vacaway. Scrub in and let dry. Do not extract. It will fix any tannin spots and wicking at the same time.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
What is your machine running at???

cuz if its on LOW it aint pulling enough water out...I am serious on this and not just giving you shit (though it is an added bonus shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin )

Also, and think about this for a sec (that is if its SODA thats being spilled) it is an ACID thus the theory of PH issue is BS.... its the syrup/sugars that are causing the issue coming back up and grabbing the dirt....

TURN THAT DAMN MACHINE UP, AND FLUSH THE HELL OUT OF IT

HIGH the whole job. Dual wand with plenty of suck. I could barely move the wand. Some of it was single wanded while another person sprayed, but even then it was medium. I was not worried as I had the apo going and a freshwater source. Plus I had an air mover blowing through the van to keep things cool. We set multiple fans on each area and post padded several areas as well.

Has anyone tried encap punch as a hwe prespray/rinse?

I'll get some pics of the horrendous results.

The carpet looks great, but it kind of yellows out and the spills wick back.

The only thing I have not tried is to spray an encap on the carpet after hwe'ing and buff dry. That should help. Really only about 25% of the job needs that. Everything else can be sprayed and sucked.

For better results we scrubbed the prespray with carpet brush. It did a great job. The prochem rinse was supposed to prevent wickbacks. IT SUCKS.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I have used encap punch as a prespray rinse combo.. It will remove alot of soil, but it does need to be prescrubbed to be effective and post padding never hurts.

though I use it on my maintenance account between low moisture cleanings. trying to keep things in the same product line.

IMAG0447.jpg

This was the main area of concern. There is a bad stain under the desk I think from coffee.
IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

Hopefully the stains will not come back. The weird thing is there was a break room with like 50 drink spills and not one of them wicked back. Hard to say if it is browning or wicking. My guess is a combination of the two.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That is absolutely notbrownng. Whoever planted that thought in your head should be bruised. Browning is a cellulosic result. Need to have a jut/cotton/cellulosic backing to occur. What you are getting is wickbac. Pure and simple. Either flood it and risk defeating the glue, low moisture it or recommend replacing.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
humm with out seeing how worn out it is....it could be what i get at one of my places...

it is just sooooo loaded with shit that all you are doing is stirring it up....encap it and be happy...

in the mean time..get a better camera or phone with camera...

ill see if i can find a pic of my example

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yeah, not browning, encap it and be done with it.

And then sell them on a cleaning contract and flush the living heck out of it. Vac, pre-spray, scrub w/ a red pad, flush, post pad, DRY.

Hoody said:
Yeah, not browning, encap it and be done with it.

And then sell them on a cleaning contract and flush the living heck out of it. Vac, pre-spray, scrub w/ a red pad, flush, post pad, DRY.

That's what I did the other day. I haven't gone back to check on the results. The manager didn't call so I guess everything is fine.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Hope you still call back and follow up on Monday. Just because they don't call doesn't mean they're happy, most won't call and complain they just won't use you again.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
was talking to a SEBO Vacuum salesman at his store and got talking about wicking. He got talking about some change in the electrical charge of the particles and that by using the SEBO DuoP powder (ie their version of HOST) it would prevent wicking.

His way of cleaning stairs is to use that powder, spread it with your hand, brush it in and vacuum it out.
Of course, I was in his store looking for a better way to vacuum berber stairs that had all that junk still in it!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom