Bruin?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It was the "Bruin"; not to be confused with the "Bruin II", which used a Kubota engine

If you are looking at picking up one of those units used (it will be 15+ years old I would think), make sure it doesn't have the original Daishin Pump on it; you'll likely not find parts for it.

Ricky Thurman

It is most certainly AT LEAST 15 years old. I wouldn't give the guy $5 for it because of the incredibly poor maintenance on the thing. Heat exchangers have been bypassed because they are busted. It is covered in oil and is about to fall through the van floor that it is mounted in. I just wasn't sure exactly what it was. It does have a CAT pump though.

By-the-way. Does anybody know how the hell to make my avatar smaller?

John Watson

I believe I bought my Bruin 2 in 95 or 96 so it is 11-12 yrs old..Not sure when they quit making this model.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Ricky,
Are you buying it? Just curious. You could just rebuild it on a different frame if it is still working. I have done that with parts before and have it in the garage as a backup. Give me a call if you get it.

Jay

Ricky Thurman

I have considered it, but It would literally be a complete rebuild. I don't know how long the engine would last. It needs new heat exchangers. I know that the blower has locked up in the past, but was freed. And the pump is not the original, but I know it is 5 or 6 years old and the machine has been very badly abused in that time. I think it would be cheaper in the long run to find a slightly less abused machine. It is simply for a backup, so I don't want to spend a fortune trying to rebuild it.

Back
Top Bottom