Brwning spot...

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Had a brown patch apear after a cleaning (beige carpet) was not there pre inspec. Treated wht chemspec coffee and brwn remover, brushed in. waiting..... Any other thoughs? First time for me... will update....

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
could be a spot where custy used a cleaner (high pH)...or old stain that wicked up after you cleaned (over-wet?)...maybe acid rinse/speed dry if your first treatment didn't work.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jute backing? Synthetic, carpet fiber? All the dry soil removed properly? Soda spills from long time ago.. length of drying. Feed us some details!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Curt, dont' jump to conlusion that its a browning issue right away, when it may be excess soiling. don't need to hit a loose nail with a sledge hammer to make it go in. And adding an oxidizer is not always the best first step. If it was a substance that is oxgyen sensative and would easily remove with a regular emulsifier, you could end up setting it and making removal even more difficult.

tim

It would help to know the fiber content, how you cleaned it the first time, etc. Sounds like wicking or browning. Try misting with an acid and rinsing. If that doesnt remove it, encap and hit with ARA from CTI, dry with fans immediately. Should take care of the problem.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
regular nylon 5th gen installed with in last 10 years, used zone perfect pre spray then acid rinse. didnt use alot of h2O was dry in 4 hrs. it was right at the entr way to the room. weird!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Any potential spills not accounted for in that area. Sounds like wickback. Try an encap product first instead of the brown remover. scrub it in good with either a CRB, or hand brush, blot it with a few towels and speed dry it. That is the easy I don't need to haul in hose fix.

You may need to water claw the area. You could use nice and hot water in a bucket with a little detergent and flood the area. The water claw the area and see what kinda of water you get out of it. Repeat process until its all gone then use your all fiber rinse product for the final flood and rinse step and speed dry.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
afraid not its my father inlaws room. Still there just checked, so maybe do the acid mist and extract over the week end or maybe the water claw, what kind of detergent, any easy house hold goods. read my post on the Dentist too. Bad end to a friday, only good thing is there is an opportunity to learn

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Clean as normal. Take a terry towel and fold it into a square. Push it into the spot(or area that you removed it) for about 30 seconds. See if you have anything wick into the towel. Then take a second towel, and put in on the spot, and put something heavy on it, and leave it.

I take the vacuum off my wand and hit it with some hot water and let that work in and grab your water claw and extract. Repeat as needed and force dry,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom