bubba

Hit the link "About Bubba's"...in his own words...

"Buyer beware is what I always say. If it’s too cheap, something is wrong."

Uhhh...YEAH!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Personally, I think I would really like this dude. He seems to call it like he sees it. His prices are about in line with the multi-truck companies around here and he probably does a better job.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Turn on your heat to 80 degrees and it will dry much faster.

OOPS!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
just because your prices are low does not mean you leave a room lookin like a bull went thru a china shop any company i worked for would not leave sloppy lines like at and now being my own boss i would never ever ever ever leave a room lookin like at

Michael Rossi

Here's a review I found-

User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by mark from tulsa 12/02/2007
This was the WORST carpet cleaner ever. they just try to sell you more stuff, a $75 special for five rooms is a joke. they, or should i say, he shows up in a run down van with a machine that looks like it is 20 yrears old. i sould have never let him in my house. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY
Was this review helpful? 00 Report Abuse
Comment on Review

bubba

Thanks. Yup, prices are cheap but I'm still making money. Mark was never cleaned for. He was upset because his wife did not answer the phone after I called them three times. She finally called me two hours after her appointment. I tell all of my customers that I will call them thirty minutes before I head towards them. He told me he'd give bad feedback and he did. Crap happens.

And yes, we do groom and it's no additional charge. As for trying to sell people additional products... I do charge like everyone else for Deodorizer... A cheap price too... only $15.00 for the whole house... $5.00 per room on carpet protector (lost leader item), $25.00 on a flight of stairs or $2.00 per stair. I'm very up front with all of my pricing. I give every customer a firm estimate before I start any work and I have them sign off on it. There are no high pressure sales. We do clean a huge volume of homes. I just prepped another 15k post cards to go to South Tulsa today.

Recently, another company was advertising $9.95 a room with 2 room minimum. They had lots of extra charges. Thats why I say buyer beware.

The picture on my website was taken from my home. I didn't groom it because I wanted it to have the appearance that it was cleaned.

I'm sure everyone has a customer out there who thinks your the scum of the earth. I can't please everyone and neither can you. I've learned to live with this.

Yes, my van is a 91 Ford Van... the one I primarily drive... has two gas tanks.... (cost me $700.00) My machine is a Prochem 150. It has been totally rebuilt by Wayne at Hi Press. I only paid $2500.00 for it and I made it back the first week. After rebuilding it, I think I have maybe 6k in it with the new engine, new coil, new water pump etc. My machine doesn't look run down at all...just old. I also have a Hydra Master machine that Wayne is completely rebuilding for me. I'm probably going to break down and buy a new machine from him but man I'm going to miss the heat.

Before I started Carpet Cleaning, I was working at Direct Tv making $300.00 a week. Now I make that in four houses on a daily basis.

I learned that in this business you don't have to worry about what other companies are doing because then your doing something wrong. You need to worry about your business and let them worry about you. I've never called any competitor once to check prices. On a weekly basis, they call me asking how far out I'm booked etc...

I have another van that is really nice but I need to find someone to rebuild the transmission. I also have a very nice Cargo Trailer which can be seen on my website. I took my equipment out of it for the winter so I could drive a little bit better in the snow.

I do love the van because I can do apartments now. I've been looking at Natural Gas Vans and also sprinter vans. I like the idea of Diesel because of the weight I can haul. :D

Finally... I named the company after my cocker spaniel. He died in November at 14 years old. But I've learned to live with the name Bubba. After all it is Oklahoma.

RichardnTn

One of the most rational post I have read on this forum... I like a person who knows what he wants and isn't influenced by the "main stream"....
Atta Boy Bubba, Keep it up............Richard R

bubba

haha. Thanks. I actually found out about this forum from Diamond Brian. Really nice guy. I was looking at a van and tm he had for sale. Had never heard of this forum before I met Brian.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
I appreciate people who are what they seem to be. I'd much rather hang out with a few Bubba's than a bunch of ICS cleaners.

What a load of manure Marty - seems to me you love to hang out over there spouting off endless inane DAP's just as much as the verbose Darlene.

Most Frequent Posters - This Month
Name Messages
Mike Brummett 96
Martin Sutley 93
DARLENE BETTERTON 91
CAESAR RICCI 88

:p

Scott

Chris -

Congratulations on providing your prospects a crystal clear expectation. I like how you explain exactly what is expected of the customer and what you'll deliver. I'll bet you have very few callbacks, despite the lower price. Usually lower price means more complaints because people are generally more picky at lower prices than higher. Think of this scenario:

*I have a new Lamborghini and a piece of trim falls off. It has been repaired several times already and I expect that it will be repaired several more. It may never be right, but I'll live with it because it's still a Lamborghini.

conversely...

*I have a new Ford and a piece of trim falls off. It has been repaired several times already and I expect that it will be repaired several more. It may never be right so I'll complain because it's not a Lamborghini.

If you're making money, and I have no reason to believe you're not, more power to you.

Scott

bubba

Actually we do. All of my customers go onto my mailing list and I send out post cards every three months. If something is wrong, I invite them to let us know. I ask every customer before we leave to look over the work and make sure they are happy. If they aren't, we try to solve the problem on the spot. Simple & easy.

Back
Top Bottom