Build your own upholstery tool

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For the bottom feeding cheap bastards! Step by step instructions to build your own upholstery tool.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I built one from welded plastics and had it replicated 15x by a local shop. I loved it but they did break eventually. So glad PMF produced their legendary tool we have been using about 20 years with much success and a couple failures (not the tool's fault, of course.)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah I have had two of those clear plastic head internal jet tools for 20 years now

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They are great for how little they cost. I'd go through one in 6 months. Used several until Prochem designed their stainless steel one. Used it for a decade or more. Eventually the Sapphire tool replaced them as our primary tool.

Haven't used a rotary in prob 10+ yrs. No need too. Frequency of cleaning is key! If cleaners keep cleaning those neglected commercial carpets for pennys a square people will keep putting the cleanings off. Start charging a respectable rate for the trashed jobs(.30 to .50persq) and push frequent cleanings. You can park the rotary.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Haven't used a rotary in prob 10+ yrs. No need too. Frequency of cleaning is key! If cleaners keep cleaning those neglected commercial carpets for pennys a square people will keep putting the cleanings off. Start charging a respectable rate for the trashed jobs(.30 to .50persq) and push frequent cleanings. You can park the rotary.
It's about budget. You can charge whatever you want but they can't afford it. A cleaner that wants commercial work has to figure ways to be effective and productive. The rates are always going to be low and in general most will not be in that .30-.50 range.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
And that is understood BUT a neglected carpet that takes hours longer not to mention 100s of gallons more to clean should and will cost more to clean. Speaking of Commercial carpets which should cost more. But fer some reason they keep getting them quoted for 6 cent a sq. I see the quotes all the time and people really think that's what it should cost because that's what one quote was for. If they have a 10,000 sqft building with 30 employees they have money for the budget. If they get a bid for some ridiculus low rate they then expect to pay that no matter who quotes it.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
They are great for how little they cost. I'd go through one in 6 months. Used several until Prochem designed their stainless steel one. Used it for a decade or more. Eventually the Sapphire tool replaced them as our primary tool.
I tried using that tool on a lazy boy recliner last week. Major dissapointment. I pulled out my PMF internal jet to fix that mess of a job. But I did love it on some wool rugs that my wand was too big for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom