Business Card Critique

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just putting together a new card.
Ideas / Comments

businesscard2008.jpg

I need to get some printed before MF. :)
I also use these as fridge magnets, using the stick on magnets.

John Watson

Hey boy, What you doing up at this time in the morning????

I'm old and take naps, plus I don't need alot of sleep, and Ise gotta get up and pee so I checks out the computalater.

The only thing that bites me is "No Soggy Wet Mess" Why put negatives in front of your client??? Just talk about the positives.... Otherwise looks good to me..

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
card

Ron,

Looks a little busy to me. Remember you have 2 sides to the card. The back can be used for additional information.

Cards are cheap you can have different ones for different situations.

While you may not have time before MF a great book for designing your card is Design for the Non-Designer Robin Williams

See you at MF.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I agree, two-sided cards cost very little more. Think about just keeping your contact info, tag line and perhaps your certification logos on the front and then every else on the back. I thought the IICRC logos require a minimum size? Or maybe I am confused with the CRI logos?

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Not in Canada.

A little too much info Ron, I agree with dropping the soggy part, Not sure how important it is to have all the other business logos on your card...I would drop em.

John Buxton

way too busy. Id put all those association and credit card logos on the back.

Also it looks like 2 headlines. Put your company name on top and your "get happy" as a byline underneath in small black lettering.

Drop some of the wording. Clean it up. Do you really need your address on it?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
there's too much on the card i played around with the card a little

some of the stuff like the visa/MC logo's i don't see as particularly useful even the IICRC & BBB but it lends maybe a little credibility..IMO you want to keep it somewhat simple, yet informative you don't need to put your
E-mail address since it's on the web site maybe your fax # i left that out

bizcardcopy.jpg

danpauselius

I'm really not trying to be rude ... this is just my opinion:

The card looks like it could be from just about any carpet cleaner in any town in the world. You need to use your business cards as the marketing tools they are. Put an offer on the card. Maybe a solid USP? I also see many features but no benefits. What about the "warm and fuzzy" type picture to elicit an emotional response?

You are obviously not the average carpet cleaner so why doesn't your business card make that clear? Your business card does you no justice.

It just seems very bland to me ... sorry.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Dude, the layout on your truck looks great, even looks like the shape of a bus. card. Randy's version is good too.

I like the look of that happy guy more and more every time I see it. I gotta admit, that goofy guy makes me happy :lol:

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thanks, I removed the negative implication removed.
Address line is there for when people want my address, etc.
I thought having the BBB logo and IICRC logo, despite our knowing differently, gives credibility.
It IS like a small flyer. If they are interested they will read it and keep it. If not, its landfill or recycled. I could stick that in someone’s door as a 5 around, or give it to them in an elevator. I don’t mind busy as long as its readable. Gets back to the discussion of graphics flyer or 5 pg sales letter.
No, that yellow truck was a company in Kalamazoo. Totally different cleaning style. They were a moving company figuring on doing move outs. From what I understand it didn’t fly to well, hence the truck for sale.

I gotta admit, that goofy guy makes me happy
This is actually the original reason I chose the happy face, before I was Happy CC, before it had a body. Just a very funny happy face on my truck that if someone was having a rough day it might give him/her a bit of a chuckle, whether they call me or not.

I like Randy’s change (Thank you), so like everything, I modify.
Mix and Match

businesscard2008-MULTIPLE.jpg

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I like A or C ...go figure?

i stopped printing stuff on the back of my card when i realized clients liked to use the back for making notes or reminders to themselves.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I like c. I would use the back for estimates or promotions.

I would get rid of the picture of the convict on the back

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller

It is a little busy. I'd stick more to the basics,

happy_1.jpg

and, as far as telling people how great you are, show your pearly whites, they'll in the blanks.

happy_2.jpg

Add a little color and a warm fuzzy to smile back at.

brzelt

Name
Bruce Zelt
Lose the address, custys can get that from your website or get it off your invoice/estimate form.

Back
Top Bottom