Busted hot water heater, van stuck in the mud(pics)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, went to an apartment to exract some water from a busted hot water heater. The job took me ten minutes.

There was no parking, so I had to park in the grass.
Guess what? The vans stuck in the mud. I tried putting boards under it. no luck. So I have to wait to get it out when my tech brings me some chains. I will put a picture up.. But everytime I try to do that it says the files to large. Tried photo bucket didnt work. what do you all use for photos?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Re: Busted hot water heater, stuck in the mud

photobucket... copy the

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Re: Busted hot water heater, van stuck in the mud

Ya it's EASY...
any doofus can do it!!!!!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

lol I thought the ground was frozen. haha. But i'm a dumb a**

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Why dont they make awd or 4x4 chevy express vans? I have a awd chevy astro. which is whats going to pull it out. I hate rwd sometimes

Name
Lee Stockwell

Hard freeze tonight and you can drive right out. 4wd can get you even more stuck.

I've finally learned my lesson driving on grass. I'll break out more hose instead.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I've learned to walk it FIRST ....before ASSuming it's hard enough

I use a "heel stomp" method to test the paths my wheels will be going over

..L.T.A.

R

rotovacguy

Dang, what did the custy say about chewing up their lawn? :lol:

Farenheit251

My biggest drying job was just over $124,000 just after hurricane Charlie. I'm nervous as hell trying to get the owner to sign the authorization when my technician starts spinning tires and throwing mud all over the manicured front entry. The owner started freaking out but he wasn't a fraction as mad as I was.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

joeynbgky said:
Why dont they make awd or 4x4 chevy express vans? I have a awd chevy astro. which is whats going to pull it out. I hate rwd sometimes
Living in Colorado I actually had a tow truck company on retainer! We wound up sliding off of so many driveways they gave me priority service and a reduced rate. I found that when I tried to pull my vans out myself with my own 4WD I often made it worse by a)getting myself stuck too, b)not having the room to "get a run at it" (nothing beats the super winch of a tow truck) or c)messing something up mechanically on one of my vehicles. That combined with the lost time of sending my own 4WD out meant it was cheaper all around calling my tow truck buddies.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Sioux and I spent over an hour today digging my driveway out here in frozen Kansas City. (What is irritating is I have a great 2-stage snow blower stored away in Colorado.) Just this little taste of winter is giving me ugly flashbacks to the days when I had 20 employees out there slipping and sliding all over the road. But on January 4th we leave to spend the winter in the sunny Dominican Republic!

Farenheit251

It was when we got hit by three hurricanes in one month and the roofers couldn't get a new roof on for 28 days. Firemans fund flew in 2 hygenists who isisted we not pull any of the 120 fans or 20 Phoenixs till the roof was on(we didn't mind). I did have a partner and 4 trucks at the time.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I had that happen to me several years ago at an apartment complex.

I called a tow truck and they wenched me out to minimize the damage to the grass area.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
It was at an apartment complex. So i felt bad charging more but who cares. I told them I would fix it this summer and they could care less.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Lee Stockwell said:
Bob was that a little inspiration for perfecting the modular?
Actually no, Lee, but if we had the modular back then, we wouldn't have gotten stuck in the mud. ...lol

The inspiration for the modular concept came one day when we had to clean a university on the second and third floors. There were so many twists and turns from the parking lot to the cleaning area inside, that running the 2" vacuum hose would take quite a while, not to mention the tangle it would create during the job.

So, we took our portable inside and used it only for the vacuum part of the cleaning. Then we ran the pressure line from the van for the LP heat and good high pressure for cleaning. It worked well, except for the bucket brigade with the portable, dumping the tank (it had no APO).

It's easy to run several hundred feet of 1/4" pressure line, and still maintain high heat and good pressure/flow, so by taking only the vacuum unit in, we are able to run the heat and pressure from the van, unless the job is way inside or up in a high-rise. Now, with our SAVAGE BEAST electric truckmount, we can take the pressure pump, the vacuum unit w/APO, and an optional electric heater easily inside, so we can clean any distance from our van.

During my early design phase of the SAVAGE electric truckmounts, I thought how great it would be to have a truckmount that would stay in the van the majority of the time (up to 190'), but would detach to allow for challenging job setups. I didn't want to have to drag a portable around in the van for those few times I night need it. I also used to turn down some jobs that would require a portable only, because of lack of power in using a portable. If you do find a portable with more power, it is too heavy and cumbersome to move about. Then it still lacks heat, unless you use LP, which is NOT "inside friendly" to take the LP heater in.

That was the start of my idea for a modular, electric powered truckmount. I had built one several years prior that we used almost daily, but it was as big as our slide-in, and did not come out of the van. It had great vacuum, good pressure/flow, and good Little Giant 3 HT heat, but it took too many amps to operate.

There were 3 things I thought a modular truckmount should be — powerful, compact and quick and easy to transport, and reliable.

After a few years of tweaking and refining, we now offer the BEAST and the E-BEAST, a very compact, powerful, modular electric truckmount/portable, that is stingy on using electric power, but will overcome setup obstacles encountered on some cleaning jobs.

Our modular design offers the cleaner so many different choices in job setup.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I got stuck once going into a empty lot next door to the house I was going to clean.
In fact I had to drive over a hill and go down a slope.

I finished the basement and I was stuck.

So I just went and grabbed some mulch on the side of the house and threw that under the tires. That did the trick and I gunned it to fly over the hill I went up.

Now I will never listen to a customer tell me to park in that empty lot next door.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I got stuck like that once, called my wife to come pull me out with my 4x4. Mine was at a getto trailer, so the people didn't care about the 2 ruts.

Ryan

Instead of keeping a tow truck on retainer why not just mount winches on your vans? If you got stuck often it would be worth it.

Jonee

I'm not sure about Chevy, but ford made 4 wheel drive vans for years, Fedex bought them for the MI & WI

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Ryan said:
Instead of keeping a tow truck on retainer why not just mount winches on your vans? If you got stuck often it would be worth it.

i would guess liability..it is dangerous to run a winch with no training and a cut off hand or a crushed finger or a loaded winch cable cutting some kid in half
would cost way more than the 50 bucks or so steve was paying i am sure..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom