But where do the dirts go?

Mikey P

Administrator
stolen of FB
Email and Picture from Client this morning. Cleaning performed on March 29th... Client has been in Alaska since. So its been almost 30 days since the cleaning.
"Good morning,
The above photograph shows what my robovac picked up after only vacuuming the rooms that the carpets were cleaned one day after Bobbi was done. That debris is about 1” thick. I’m not the type of person that complains over little things, however I would expect that the carpets should be in better condition 1 day after having them professionally cleaned. Please let me know if I’m wrong here.
Thanks, WD

1682609886090.png

What follows is a response for these types of situations, if and when they arise...

You may wonder if your carpet was thoroughly cleaned if shortly after the carpet dries you vacuum it and your vacuum picks up additional debris.
Here’s why, during the cleaning process the agitation from the machines will stand up the fibers in the carpet and thus opens the carpet up deeper and brings up things from deep down that vacuuming beforehand and or hot water extraction AKA “steam cleaning” may not have completely removed. Because the carpet needs to be wet during this agitation process to prevent damage it also weighs down some debris and thus makes it harder to extract. These soils and debris are often vacuumed up proceeding the cleaning. You can dry vacuum a room for an hour and not get everything out of the carpet but once your carpets are cleaned using our low moisture oscillating pad extraction or even hot water extraction with added agitation the carpet will release a LOT more when vacuuming simply because the carpet pile is lifted. It now allows the release of what was trapped down in the carpet pile.
Another thing to consider is we use a cleaning solution known as an encapsulant. As an added benefit this cleaning solution will bond to remaining soil and when it dries it crystallizes. When these microscopic crystals are completely dehydrated, they shatter and will be removed the next few times you vacuum which may be the day after.
100% removal of dust and debris is not going to happen no matter what the process or method. Sometimes just from the air circulating in a room it will accumulate more debis because you just cleaned the largest air filter in your home. HVAC filters can also contribute to this, if they are not clean then dusty air may continue to circulate and filter out in the carpet. The vacuums used may also have been dirty...clogged filters or pre-existing debris in the canister or hoses. Was the vacuum used after our cleaning already empty? How often is that vacuum taken apart and maintained? Many times you can vacuum your carpet in the morning and fill the canister and vacuum in the evening and fill it again.
We hope that this provides some clarity on why you may still be vacuuming up debris shortly after our cleaning. Because we want you to have a great experience we offer a 30 day guarantee that we will return and clean again if you are not happy with the results.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
While I appreciate and understand this response, and acknowledge that you can get a measurable amount of dry soil when you vacuum after HWE as well, the long explanation will likely turn off instead of reassure the concerned customer.

Some psychologists say that the human brain does not add up a multitude of facts in a way that means that every additional point improves believability. Instead, these additional points dilute believability.

Fred C probably has the research and the right term for this.

Let me use an example though:

Kid: “Mommy, I have a stomach ache and want to stay home from school”.

Vs

Kid: “Mommy, I have a stomach ache, my head hurts, I’m dizzy, my left toe hurts, I itch all over, and I have blurry vision. Can I stay home?”

Which story is more believable?

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm sorry but vacuuming was a add on premium service that you didn't pay for. That's what I would tell her...................an thas a fact Jack!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My first machine when I went out on my own was a 60 psi portable with a power brush. Even though I vacuumed, that power brush would pick up so much hair and lint, I would have to stop periodically and vacuum off the brush. Digs so much deeper than a wand can ever do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom