butler came down if a bad case of the bog

Jester

Just changed my belts under the hood would the blower belts being loose keep the vacuum relief valve from opening? or does it sound like something else?

My blower is bogging down under load. vacuum relief valve wont pull down (*replaced it) didn't help.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Sounds like your belts are slipping. Check to see if there is more then normal black dust on cover and on blower. I take my new belts and wash the belt in the sink with soap and water and let dry for a day and then install. The mold release(silicone) on the belt will make them slip amd once they have slipped, they will always slip. I race snowmobiles, that is how I found out about the mold release. 1.5 years on my belts and no dust under the hood. 05 butler with the big blower

Jester

vacuum gauge goes up to 15 when it starts to bog down then the vacuum gauge starts to go down no needle jumping.

Rex Tyus

What about the van rpms? rev, drop, or constant? New belts should not be slipping without a reason. Doesn't the Butler have an automatic tensioner? Any chance the vac relief just needs adjusting?

Jester

the van rpms pickup like they should and doesn't seem to effect the rpm's that i can tell by sound(i have no van tach) the relief valve was replaced. there is a pulley that self adjusts but my blower side belts seems a little loose to me.

F

FB7777

I'll assume you've eliminated any of the obvious vac line restrictions, and that when the machine is at 1500RPM with just a wand attached to 100 feet of hose you are registering under 10hg

Blower is newly greased and oil level is right, blower screen is clean

If everything is okie dokey then the belts sound like the most logical place to check next

Mike Draper

Here is what Butler tech support usually has to say. Hello, you have reached so and so, I don't ever answer the phone because we don't care about customer service ( even though our website says we pride ourselves on customer cervice), so please leae a message and we will never get back to you, ever. Finally after you have called 12 times you reach the guy in the back "pedro" and he says something like hmm, check the belts and then call us back, then he practically hangs up on you.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You might need to flush out the blower with some hot water and a cleaning agent. With the machine running at an idle, take about 2 gallons of hot water with a cleaning agent and allow the big hose coming from the blower to suck out the water from your bucket (or poor it in of course). It is going to blow the water out the muffler system of your blower unit, so do this in your own shop. The blower can sometimes get clogged up with carpet fibers and debris and the tolerances in the lobes are very close. If this isn't it, it could also be your front pulleys on the front of the van. Check the lower pulley to see if it is getting grooved out as well as the pulleys on the plate in front. Had to replace mine on a couple of butlers. They would go through belts up front pretty fast. And of course if you have air conditioning, make sure the air compressor isn't kicking in because of a bad switch/controll unit for the inside heater/air control unit in your van. Have had those act up also.

Call if you have more questions.

Mark Saiger
218-259-9099 cell
218-326-4736 home office

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Mikeyxj8 said:
Here is what Butler tech support usually has to say. Hello, you have reached so and so, I don't ever answer the phone because we don't care about customer service ( even though our website says we pride ourselves on customer cervice), so please leae a message and we will never get back to you, ever. Finally after you have called 12 times you reach the guy in the back "pedro" and he says something like hmm, check the belts and then call us back, then he practically hangs up on you.
Are you sure his name is "pedro" because that looks like ebonics to me

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea butler sucks...it took them about 2 mins to get on the phone with me and get things figured out..also took them about 20 mins on the phone with the dealership re: the belt routing..those suns-o-bitches.....i hate crap like that..how dare they take so long..

Back
Top Bottom