Butler is the best in our business

blaisesdaddy

I had a small issue with my '04 Butler viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54574
this week so I posted about it. Butler called me about the problem before I even had a chance to call them. When I told Tom at Butler what happened, he walked me thru a few things to try to eliminate possible causes of the problem and then told me that Butler would comp me a new part! Talk about first class. I wasn't expecting that at all. If that wasn't enough, I got another call from Butler this morning. This time Tim Clark called to give another possible cause to check. The way they handled this was second to none. I am planning on buying another TM next year; and yes, I am buying Butler again. I can't think of any other manufacturer in this business that goes above and beyond like Butler does. Ease of use, no downtime, solid performance, and the best customer service I've ever experienced...Butler rocks.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Agreed. They have called me and offered help every time that I posted a problem.

Thx,
Dale

Mikey P

Administrator
thats very cool of the,

perhaps they would be interested inn a banner campaign here as well as hosting a MF some year. !gotcha!

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
thats very cool of the,

perhaps they would be interested inn a banner campaign here as well as hosting a MF some year. !gotcha!

Relentless whore

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a TNT from judson and would never buy anything else. Les takes customer service to another
level. I'm not nocking butler but money is on the company that cares about the end user and not the bottom
line.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Warren Wallace said:
I have a TNT from judson and would never buy anything else. Les takes customer service to another
level. I'm not nocking butler but money is on the company that cares about the end user and not the bottom
line.

All this above and more.

If Judson makes a mistake, they own up to it and replace, repair and stay with you until the job is done.

It was a long night in August and I was 11 hours from the house.

Les is a man of his word and I am very grateful to have him as a friend.

I can't think of any manufacture or distributor that would have done what he did. That statement is made with a broad brush too.

Mike Draper

WOW, maybe I should have posted after all those times I called and got shitty service from a guy in service who I could tell was annoyed at me asking a couple simple questions. How about that CAT water pump I had to replace.... butler said its $1,700.00 and its the only one that will work with our butler. Its specialty made for it. I looked at the cat pump specs and bought another cat pump identical for $375.00 and then installed it on the same clutch ( the clutch they said it wouldn't work on) and its still running today, about 2000 hours later. Or the time I asked if I could buy their Blower max HX for my butler because i want better heat. They told me I would have to buy a new butler if I wanted that option. $65,000 :shock: :shock: and that they would not sell me one. I asked them "if I find a used one can I hook it up" they told me "no", It absolutely wont work. About 2 weeks later I found a butler max hx and what do you know, it slid right in with absolutely no modifications what so ever, its still going 2000 hours later. FYI, I sold this truck to someone I know a while ago. thanks for the Bullshit lies butler. I'm glad I dont have to replace a $65,000 unit when there's nothing wrong with the carpet cleaning unit, just the van. Kinda silly if you ask me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:shock:
Damn!

We love ours, simple to operate, cleans great and with 210-recovery they are are great package.

Karivan09-1-1.jpg

Butler9-2-1.jpg

IMG_7398-1.jpg

Butler5-1.jpg

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Mike Draper said:
WOW, maybe I should have posted after all those times I called and got shitty service from a guy in service who I could tell was annoyed at me asking a couple simple questions. How about that CAT water pump I had to replace.... butler said its $1,700.00 and its the only one that will work with our butler. Its specialty made for it. I looked at the cat pump specs and bought another cat pump identical for $375.00 and then installed it on the same clutch ( the clutch they said it wouldn't work on) and its still running today, about 2000 hours later. Or the time I asked if I could buy their Blower max HX for my butler because i want better heat. They told me I would have to buy a new butler if I wanted that option. $65,000 :shock: :shock: and that they would not sell me one. I asked them "if I find a used one can I hook it up" they told me "no", It absolutely wont work. About 2 weeks later I found a butler max hx and what do you know, it slid right in with absolutely no modifications what so ever, its still going 2000 hours later. FYI, I sold this truck to someone I know a while ago. thanks for the Bullshit lies butler. I'm glad I dont have to replace a $65,000 unit when there's nothing wrong with the carpet cleaning unit, just the van. Kinda silly if you ask me.

No, it's not silly Mike. Butler discourages people from changing (or monkeying around) with their equipment. They do this to keep their brand name pure and to give better and uniform support to owners in the field.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Mike Draper said:

But if a homeowner called and wanted you to walk them through the process of cleaning with a rug dr or removing candle wax, you would gladly waste an hour for no money...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shane Deubell said:
[quote="Mike Draper":10mar18w] CAT water pump I had to replace.... butler said its $1,700.00 and its the only one that will work with our butler. Its specialty made for it. I looked at the cat pump specs and bought another cat pump identical for $375.00 and then installed it on the same clutch ( the clutch they said it wouldn't work on) and its still running today, about 2000 hours later. Or the time I asked if I could buy their Blower max HX for my butler because i want better heat. They told me I would have to buy a new butler if I wanted that option. $65,000 :shock: :shock: and that they would not sell me one. I asked them "if I find a used one can I hook it up" they told me "no", It absolutely wont work. About 2 weeks later I found a butler max hx and what do you know, it slid right in with absolutely no modifications what so ever, its still going 2000 hours later. FYI, I sold this truck to someone I know a while ago. thanks for the Bullshit lies butler. quote]

But if a homeowner called and wanted you to walk them through the process of cleaning with a rug dr or removing candle wax, you would gladly waste an hour for no money...
[/quote:10mar18w]

I would help my customer, I do so when they call, and I sure wouldn't lie to them. Greedy money hungry lying assholes don't deserve my business.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

Here's what Ive experienced that may be overlooked. When Butler sells a pump; it's so a complete package can be snapped in, with all snap fittings, clutch, pulse damperer, etc. And they charge you full price. But when you send your old one back, they rebuid it and give you a credit. Is that what others have experienced?

While I have never bought a pump from them (becasue we rebuild our own), a friend did buy a drive shaft and I installed it for him (we also rebuild shafts). It seems like it was about $1100, but when he sent the old one back he got a credit for about 1/2 of that.

Sincerly,
Dale

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Shane Deubell":2ryw34tv][quote="Mike Draper":2ryw34tv] CAT water pump I had to replace.... butler said its $1,700.00 and its the only one that will work with our butler. Its specialty made for it. I looked at the cat pump specs and bought another cat pump identical for $375.00 and then installed it on the same clutch ( the clutch they said it wouldn't work on) and its still running today, about 2000 hours later. Or the time I asked if I could buy their Blower max HX for my butler because i want better heat. They told me I would have to buy a new butler if I wanted that option. $65,000 :shock: :shock: and that they would not sell me one. I asked them "if I find a used one can I hook it up" they told me "no", It absolutely wont work. About 2 weeks later I found a butler max hx and what do you know, it slid right in with absolutely no modifications what so ever, its still going 2000 hours later. FYI, I sold this truck to someone I know a while ago. thanks for the Bullshit lies butler. quote]

[/quote:2ryw34tv]

I would help my customer, I do so when they call, and I sure wouldn't lie to them. Greedy money hungry lying assholes don't deserve my business.[/quote:2ryw34tv]

Based on what is written he is not a customer though, he is a DIY
and probably broke. Unlikely to buy another unit from them.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thats why they have the reputation they have..because they try not to allow every cheap ass broke dick to piece together a unit..then when it keeps breaking

it makes the company and brand look bad..you dont stay around as long as they have with the reputation they have on accident..

look at all the multi truck operations that use them..snow..chavez..etc etc etc

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
davegill said:
thats why they have the reputation they have..because they try not to allow every cheap ass broke dick to piece together a unit..then when it keeps breaking

it makes the company and brand look bad..you dont stay around as long as they have with the reputation they have on accident..

So they lie and knowingly give false information to protect their reputation? When I was in the market for my first TM in 1987 I narrowed it down to Butler or a White Magic. I told the Butler salesman I liked the #5 Sutorbilt the Pro1200 had over the #4 that Butler used. He said the blower would not work, it was not designed to use the #5 blower blah blah blah you can't push what you can't pull or some such crap. I bought the WM and put on 20K hours on it. Eventually Butler started offering #5 blowers as an option. Of course cleaners wanted the larger blowers. Butler is always trying to save the poor dumb broke dick cleaners from themselves.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Art Kelley said:
davegill said:

So they lie and knowingly give false information to protect their reputation? When I was in the market for my first TM in 1987 I narrowed it down to Butler or a White Magic. I told the Butler salesman I liked the #5 Sutorbilt the Pro1200 had over the #4 that Butler used. He said the blower would not work, it was not designed to use the #5 blower blah blah blah you can't push what you can't pull or some such crap. I bought the WM and put on 20K hours on it. Eventually Butler started offering #5 blowers as an option. Of course cleaners wanted the larger blowers. Butler is always trying to save the poor dumb broke dick cleaners from themselves.

You can still complain from 1987 hey Marty, blow me

Able 1

Name
Keith
Shane Deubell said:

Hmmm NOT a customer?? But he had a Butler!? :shock: Sounds to me from what was written that he wasn't really happy with the performance so he went to fix it and did. Butlers are best for the big multi truck guys or guy that can't wrench since there isn't much maintenance or trouble shooting, but I would guess they aren't the best performers as far as vac. and heat.

Yeah, Drapers a broke dick... Really!! :lol: Don't think so..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Shane Deubell said:

You obviously don't know Draper... I had dinner with him in Vegas and he is a nice guy and his truck and equipment setup is probably $30grand more than the highest priced butttler. I somehow believe what he said is true.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Lee is right, the biggest Butler blower offered is/was a 4.7 regardless of the Butler name for it. When I was trying to make a trade decision, I actually spent time @ MD Pneumatics learning to build them. And here's something to think about; When ANY shaft driven unit needs more HP they have to go to a bigger clutch magnet (so it doesn’t slip), and bigger around in turn slows down the turning ratio, and the RPM's, So it becomes a big blower turning slow, or a similar lower turning fast defeat in purpose.

Bottom-line, to date I have not seen a shaft driven (PTO or Hydraulic driven is different) unit that turns anywhere near the rpm's that a slide-in can/does. The beauty of a shaft driven unit is not it's vacuum, it's the reliability. And Butler adds to the reliability by having stainless steel construction, and a snap in component trade out program.

Sincerely,
Dale

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Thanks Brian:

I'll I’ll be courteous and stay off.

Sincerely,
Dale

F

FB7777

Very true Dale

I can understand Mike Drapers frustration with Butler over the mods and price of a CAT pump

When I wanted High heat back in 2003 I was told the same thing by Butler so I added an a HydraMaster blower exhaust HX to my unit

Butlers are very reliable, and fantastic units for technicians to run

The MD4007 blower was called a Butler 5.8 because it was capable of producing 580 cfm on a laboratory bench somewhere :mrgreen:

I've been using Butlers for 10 years now , they are a solid company to deal with but they have some company policies that I dislike but completely understand

That said, once you purchase the unit, you can modify it anyway you like, but run the risk of voiding the warranty which most manufacturers will do anyways.

Proprietary parts are a profit center , I don't think it's right to lie to customer that another part "won't work " but Butler has a 30 year old company built on reliability and resale.

The best way to protect that reputation is through attempting to control uniformity of their units .

On the CAT pump issue, I have a extra rebuilt pump on a shelf , if a pump fails I send it back to Butler on their swap out program.

I doubt I will ever switch from Butler, it's one aspect of my business that I don't have to worry about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom