Butler is the best in our business

Mike Draper

Shane Duebell said:
Based on what is written he is not a customer though, he is a DIY
and probably broke. Unlikely to buy another unit from them.

Shane you are correct, I am a BDCC 8) , I am a do it yourself guy. When people tell me something cant be done, I want work harder to get it done. And yes, I am never going to purchase another butler. As an OO, I was just not happy with the performance of my butler 5.8, I wanted more. Here are some pics of the POS TM I super glued together in my driveway. You wouldn't believe how much glue and tape it took to get this thing done. I went over budget about $100 in tape and glue supllies.

P1000957-1.jpg

P1000958-1.jpg

truck3.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1000956-1.jpg

here is my power inverter so I can run vacuum or scrubbing machines if the power is out in an apartment, or I run a heater on a long drive in the winter
inv3.jpg

Did I mention, other than 45 minutes of weld time, I built this things entirely by myself. I did not build some of the main components.
P1000951.jpg

oh yeah, and the best thing is....................................I finished $10,000 under the price of a new butler :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Great looking rig bro.

I just think the "clean" get's lost in the picture a bit.

Not to us...But I would think to the customer.

Mike Draper

The $3k wrap has already paid for itself in jobs generated where people called m because they where driving next to me. Has only been wrappd 9 months.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't doubt that one bit.

It's a great wrap for sure.... I just get critical for the sake of.

So much better than other wraps I've seen for sure.

Mike, you've done a hell of a job on that rig. No kidding.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mike Draper said:
Shane Duebell said:

Shane you are correct, I am a BDCC 8) , I am a do it yourself guy. When people tell me something cant be done, I want work harder to get it done. And yes, I am never going to purchase another butler. As an OO, I was just not happy with the performance of my butler 5.8, I wanted more. Here are some pics of the POS TM I super glued together in my driveway. You wouldn't believe how much glue and tape it took to get this thing done. I went over budget about $100 in tape and glue supllies.

P1000957-1.jpg

P1000958-1.jpg

[oh yeah, and the best thing is....................................I finished $10,000 under the price of a new butler :oops:

Damn Drapes. You just fired Shane into the rough like an errant golf ball. That's not a nice way to treat our guests from ***.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
very nice rig..i have no deidre to drive around in a box truck all day and try to squeeze it into the driveway..

but i am sure you have never ever had a issue with that before..there is a reason so many fleet companies use butlers..

they want to keep their reputation spotless and need to keep the home builders out..you did what you wanted and built your rig..

while you were building it i was making money with mine..i like to play in my spare time nit build truck mounts..if i am working i want to be

making money every second i can, if i am not working i am playing!!

but thats just me

Mike Draper

I know how you feel dave, when I show up to a clients house I like to have all my tools with me that I couldnt fit in my butler, tile tools, scrubbers, fans, RV, 300' of hose. Though I'm sure you've never had a problem fitting your equipment in your butler with all that extra space :oops: With all the money I save from not having to replace my truck mount every time the chevy van wears out I'll be out playing :p . I love being with my family instead of working to pay an extra $65,000 for a truck mount when the TM is fine and the van is worn out. I'll simply unbolt my box and within and hour replace the chassis when it goes bad. but thats just me. As for the warranty, I'm glad I dont have to service my TM to the worlds end just to keep the warranty from being void. That is precious play and family time you butler guys have to spend doing that junk, while I'm out making money or playing. but I didnt purchase my truck mount for the warranty, I purchased it because I knew I wouldn't need a warranty.

Here is my list of maintenance. Fell free to list yours so we can compare. :lol:

Change oil 100hrs
Change oil filter every 200 hours
replace air filter 100 hrs
Change oil in truck at 3000 miles

S

sam miller

That is one Ghettto rig Mike Its pimped more then *** R.A.'s best on the planet. !gotcha!

You guys are getting my family to laugh at me over this crap!

The nice thing about My 405 here in Socal there are 2 places I can go to get anything fixed fast not days.

I'm sure a multitruck op has a mechanic on staff and replacement parts?

Ps Im sure Butler and Judson are awesome!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Mike Draper said:
Shane Duebell said:

P1000957-1.jpg

P1000958-1.jpg

truck3.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1000956-1.jpg

here is my power inverter so I can run vacuum or scrubbing machines if the power is out in an apartment, or I run a heater on a long drive in the winter
inv3.jpg

Did I mention, other than 45 minutes of weld time, I built this things entirely by myself. I did not build some of the main components.
P1000951.jpg

oh yeah, and the best thing is....................................I finished $10,000 under the price of a new butler :oops:

How about in 1987?
When the story took place, You were broke diy as i stated and they just dont deal with that.

Really not going to get into a carpet cleaning guy equipment argument, we just push buttons and clean. Have no idea why anyone would need all that equipment, its carpet cleaning for God's sake.

Mike Draper

What the hell do u scrub with, do u clean tile, restoration, just stick with your broke dick machine and wand if you are to dumb to see a need for more equipment.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Lol. We do 80-90 houses a month per truck and honestly can't remember more then once having to go get some extra hose in the last 6 years.

Maint. On the butler is so simple a monkey could do it in 15 mins a month. Wow I hope you at least spend 15 mins a month checking over your rig.

Every 500 hrs I do a oil change on the blower and the pump. Other than that it's just checking sight tubes and cleaning out a filter held on by a fitting that takes a few seconds. I am sure you could handle that having built your rig by hand and all.

I guess if you are going to be a one rig wonder and work forever that fine. Not me though. I want my fleet to match exact.

Don't get me wrong. I think your rig is awesome just not suited for my business model and growth that's all.

edited for math brain freeze lol

PCCN

TOTALLY AGREE! Have dealth with Pete in service over the phone numerous times and he always went out of his way to make sure I was up and running fast and with as little cost as possible. I started dealing with Butler when I bought a 18 year old truck (not a typo) and ran it till the van itself died. I actually made a trip up there a couple years ago to deliver some Christmas cheer (gulp, gulp). The only negative I have with Pete is that he's a damn Yankee! shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom